Lollipop 5.0 upgrade unable to consistently connect my phone to the network extender
RD_13
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hi,

After upgrading my Note 4 to Lollipop 5.0.1, I am unable to consistently keep my phone connected to the network extender. It will show the home icon and 3G connection, but then drops off to 4G with 1 bar and the home icon shown. Verizon wants me to do a factory reset which I don't want to do unless I really have to. I heard there might be a network extender firmware update that could fix the issue. Or a Lollipop patch? Any ideas/thoughts?

Thank you!!

0 Likes
Re: Lollipop 5.0 upgrade unable to consistently connect my phone to the network extender
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
RD_13,

Let's see here about getting your Note 4 back up and running properly with your network extender. I know software updates are suppose to make the devices run smoother but they can sometimes have glitches. The best way to fix those glitches is a factory reset.

However, before you do that, have you powered both your phone and the network extender all the way off a few minutes and then power back up? You want to make sure both devices get a good reboot.

ChristinaM_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes
Re: Lollipop 5.0 upgrade unable to consistently connect my phone to the network extender
RD_13
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hi Christina,

Yes I have done that and still have the same issue. How can I update my network extender firmware/software?

Thanks

0 Likes
pstudt
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yes, I too want to update my extender firmware. I have two extenders at different locations, work and home. One I purchased in 2014 and I have to modify my phone settings in order to connect to that extender. The extender at work I purchased in 2015 and the phone connects just fine to that one with factory settings, and the connection is better.

This tells me that the older network extender has older firmware and doesn't connect as easily to my new phone, a Galaxy S7.

Thank you.

0 Likes