I have a quick question dealing with Internet
skullabyss

This is regarding with internet. My question is: I have no internet available because I am just out of range from the network station, probably no more then a 1/4 of a mile. Would it be possible to get like some sort of Jumper to extend to my home. I know it was possible cause I know Northpenn was able to do that when I was living out in the country and I am also getting tired of Time Warner Cable. So again, would it be possible to get some sort of jumper to get enough range to reach my location?

0 Likes
Re: I have a quick question dealing with Internet
John_Getzke
Champion - Level 1

Hello,

1/4 Mi is a pretty big distance to close.  We assume you are talking about a wireless internet connection through VZW that you want help with correct?  You might have to purchase some expensive equiptment and even then your connection may not be very good.

I would suggest checking out the booster and antenna products offered by Wilson Electronics.  It would be a good idea to give them a call and see if they have a package which can fit your needs.  The booster products and antennas will help the VZW towers reach your home and give you something to work with.  They tend to be more expensive and high powered than similar devices.

If you already know you have a VZW signal in your home then you can look into the pure network extender/repeatear/3g Router models that are available through the 3G store.  3G store also has a great support team that you can contact with your questions.

0 Likes
Re: I have a quick question dealing with Internet
bighollow

I use a Wilson Signal Booster model 271265.  Bought from Walmarts $300.00 Before 0 to 1 bar After 3 to 4 bars.

I use the Booster with a 890L JetPak and I get an RSSI of -75.

I also get 3 to 4 bars on my cell phone.

Ed

0 Likes