How to set up a home network using the UM175 device
Hal_T

I would like to set up a wireless home network.  I have 4 laptops.  All laptops have built in wifi.  I have a wireless network printer.  I have a Kyocera EVDO router.  I am using the UM175 Verizon USB Internet device with 5gb of usage per month.  VZ access is installed on each laptop.  The UM175 works on each device as long as you physically plug it into each device.

Is this possible and how do I go about doing it?  I'm fairly computer literate but not when it comes to wireless devices and home networking. 

Thanks

Hal

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Re: Re: How to set up a home network using the UM175 device
Not applicable

I have a CradlePoint MBR1000 at home with Charter cable and Verizon wireless broadband.  When I travel, I have a CradlePoint CTR350.  They both work great.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: How to set up a home network using the UM175 device
Not applicable

Plug the UM175 into your router.  Connect your computers to your router using WIFI.  You don't use VZAccess.

0 Likes
Re: Re: How to set up a home network using the UM175 device
Hal_T

I've done that.  How do I make the um175 connect to the internet?

0 Likes
Re: Re: How to set up a home network using the UM175 device
Not applicable

I'm not exactly sure.  When I plugged my USB760 into my CradlePoint router and then connected my laptop, I think it pretty much was an automated process.  I would start by shutting down everything, then power up your router and give it a minute, then power up and connect your laptop.  If that doesn't do it, you may need to log into your router and change some settings in the router.

0 Likes
Hal_T

I've been reading about the Cradlepoint and decided to buy one today from Amazon. 

0 Likes
Not applicable

I have a CradlePoint MBR1000 at home with Charter cable and Verizon wireless broadband.  When I travel, I have a CradlePoint CTR350.  They both work great.

0 Likes
Hal_T

My Cradlepoint CTR-350 came today and was working 10 minutes after I opened the box.  Problem solved. 

0 Likes