How to SEND email using OUTLOOK and Novatel USB 760 air card
craasch1

OK - got this great aircard from Verizon store...Novatel wireless USB760 connects to internet..can receive email in Outlook but cannot send.  How should I configure to be able to send when using this wireless aircard connection in Outlook?  Under connections in email account set-up I changed from LAN to dial up and Novatel device populated field and the test email went out...that was once.  I tried again and ERROR on send came back.  Charter is my ISP and insists they do not block sending from a 3rd party and I so not need to change default SSL's  on incoming or outgoing mail. Curious since Verizon changed SSL from 25 to 587. If sending in OUTLOOK works for ANYONE...can you send me your specs on how you set up email account?  Would be VERY grateful to have this puzzle resolved.  I hate using webmail...it is clunky and I have no contacts saved there.

Thanks!!!! Chris

0 Likes
Re: How to SEND email using OUTLOOK and Novatel USB 760 air card
Not applicable

I think Verizon no longer supports that option.  You have to use Charter's web site to send email.  If you'll search this site, you'll find some other threads about this topic.

0 Likes
LukeTech
Contributor - Level 1

SMTP is the simple outgoing mail protocol. Verizon used to have a "public" SMTP server which you could send messages through, but no longer has it. I've had issues using Charter over an EVDO modem as well. What worked for me is using GMail over IMAP (a more robust, feature-rich mail protocol than SMTP). This way, you can send/receive through GMail which can, internally, send/receive through Charter.

Good luck.

0 Likes
dallas
Hi I'm having trouble also with my isp email. But with a couple other pop email accounts I was able to change to port 587 instead of 25 and check the box "my server requires authentication" on the servers tab of the properties box and now I can send email. Hope this is helpful.
0 Likes
Empress

When trying to send an email through Windows Mail, I keep getting an error message THE HOST "VERIZON" COULD NOT BE FOUND. PLEASE VERIFY THAT YOU HAVE ENTERED THE SERVER NAME CORRECTLY.  SUBJECT: 'PLEASE UNSUBSCRIBE', ACCOUNT: 'VERIZON', SERVER: 'VERIZON', PROTOCOL: SMTP, PORT: 25, SECURE(SSL): NO, SOCKET ERROR: 11001, ERROR NUMBER 0X800CCC0D

My email works fine from my Yahoo, Juno, and Gmail accounts.  How can I get email sent through Windows Mail?  I tried changing the port from 25 to 587 and checking the ....requires certification box but I got the same basic  error message.

0 Likes