Re: Home Fusion dropping EVERYDAY
mymy0513
Enthusiast - Level 2

If you have any problems with your HF service please let me know the specific issues with your service..

I am always ready to help!

Myron

myke61

Well I just stopped by to see if i made the right decision, i just signed up for this yesterday and my appointment for the tech to install is on May 3rd. My first question that just came to me is, does the 14 day clock start ticking the day i signed or the first day of abuse….oops i meant use… LOL.

Looks like i am going to cancel my appointment tomorrow. I don't know about everyone else here but it seems like WAY TO MUCH WORK and effort just to keep this dead piece of a pie in the sky house zit alive. this is what happens when you get the son of the designer from SATURN…you remember.. " I got it.. lets  make a plastic car guy…

Here is the fix. HEY VERIZON STOP SIGNING UP MORE GINNY PIGS ( no offense but that is what they are doing using us to test a theory) Look, grandfather in all that are currently active and refund them all the money back in cash if they do not have existing service, if the do, give to them in credits. It is simple date it back to their first complaint entry to today and provide them with free data in exchange for their effort to make it better. do this until your techs and tower guards see a consistent enough signal to make it MARKETABLE. Its called TESTING. Oh, Verizon this is your error in not doing your homework. seems like a golf course handshake deal to me. So, verizon you need to meet with the manufacture and make them reimburse you so the cost so it wont be picked up by the consumers later. the manufacturers  need to eat it and step up their game or dump the project until the design team tears up their collective weed cards and get serious. .

JUST SAYIN… BTW monitor… please let this fly. we need to be real hear. what i said was obviously common sense. i am copying this and forward it upstairs where it will be read. THANK YOU ALL FOR READING MY STANDING UP FOR THE CONSUMER… HEY IF THEY CANT STAND THE HEAT!!!!??? RIGHT. I WILL FOLLOW UP. THIS COULD BE A CLASS ACTION SOON. PLEASE VERSION DO THE RIGHT THING. 

0 Likes
TheThomas
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have posted to this thread before and I still get problems with my HF service.  I have had my Cantennna replaced 3x, Router 4x and wiring 2x. I have about 30 hours of tech support calls logged in with a variety of tech support agents (with varying degree of knowledge.)  Seems one of the root causes of my error is that my system is not fully "Registered" on to the network, and therefore they can not fully manage it.  For example, they can see the Cantenna from their remote admin pane but the Router appears off line. Since the Router appears offline, it will not receive the latest (version L) firmware update which is supposed to fix the problem.  They can see that I have a good signal strength and low signal to noise ratio and when this was escalated to the network team, they said I did not have good coverage and said I was not a candidate (even though when it works, it works great (>15Mbps, 50 ms ping)  I also have a Version 4g Jetpack with is fast and rock solid, and a iPhone5, which also uses 4GLTE.)

IMHO, the relationship between the Router and the Cantenna is flakey and causes intermittent drop for no reason.  I do not believe it is hardware or coverage.

Anyone know how to get a firmware update that I can install from a USB drive since it will not pull it down automatically?

I continue to get tossed aorund from agent to agent, each stating that they will call back, and most dissapear.

Since it was installed in January, it has been a constant headache, but unfortunately, it is my best option so I am motivated to have it fixed.  

At 30 hours of tech support calls, at $75/call hour (typical for a call center in the US) , this is costing Verizon ~$2,250 so far.  Seems like good motivation to fix the problem because I am not going to give up....

0 Likes
MADempsey
Enthusiast - Level 2

All,

I wanted to follow-up and let everyone know that Verizon technical network services team was able to identify the source of my (disconnecting briefly every 50 minutes) problem.  They ran a detailed trace and discovered that I have/had a device on my network that was reaching out to a static WWW i.p. address using an invalid source I.P. address. (Source I.P. Violation)

You see, my HomeFusion router dynamically assigns I.P. addresses in a range (192.168.1.nnn)  This device was given one of those addresses - however it was also communicating with another unroutable I.P. address of 10.8.12.249.  When I disabled this device the problem disappeared.  The device is the Western Digital TV Live Hub.  Specifically, I can make the problem come and go if I turn on the Mobile Access feature. 

I have opened a case (Which they quickly turned into a future enhancement request) requesting that they only use a network address within the valid range.

Kudos to the Network Service Team, for taking the time to troubleshoot this for me.  Sure beats some of the tier 1 and 2 support resolutions of allowing me to terminate my service or swapping out equipment. 

0 Likes
TheThomas
Enthusiast - Level 2

Ah Ha. Very interesting.  I have my HF Router plugged into my network which also has a NAS and about 20 other devices on it.  Perhaps there is a conflict someplace.  I will check this out and report back.

0 Likes
scott21
Contributor - Level 2

WOW haha, didn't know the costing thing. But i feel your pain If the netgear router had the 30 GB plan it would smoke HF techincolor crap who makes HF.

P.S. i have had the Netgear lte router for little while SO MUCH better of a product. I still have HF works good now, router for back up for HF haha never know. 

0 Likes
offgrid

I just wanted to post my experience with th HF dropping daily.

I have a Mifi hotspot as well as HF at home. I live off of the grid with solar power so leaving the router and Cantenna plugged in is not an optioin. (The installer told me to unplu the Cantenna from the wall when not in use).

Observation #1:

When I plug the Cantenna in and turn on the router sometimes the Cantenna refuses to connect no matter how many reboots/power cycles I do. BUT, when I turn on my MiFi hotspot the Cantenna connects immediately. So what is happening there? Any suggestions are much appreciated.

0 Likes
mymy0513
Enthusiast - Level 2

The Cantenna should be mounted in direct line of sight to the cell tower. Also, if your Cantenna in mounted too low on your house (it should be 6 to 8 feet off grade) it may disconnect from the tower.

You can check if the Cantenna is receiving constant signal. When your router is disconnected or any time, go out to your Cantenna and check the led lights on the Cantenna.  The light on the side with the coax cable attached to it,(it is labeled Coax Network) should be green all the time. A red light indicates a problem with the router, Cantenna, or cable from the Cantenna to the router. If this light is red or goes from green to red you may need a service call.

The light on the other side next to the white capped connection, (it is labeled LQI) is the one for the signal from the Cantenna to the cell tower. This light should be green, blinking green, blue, or blinking blue. It can move between these colors without loosing connection to the cell tower. If it is ever red for more than a few seconds, it has lost the connection to the cell tower.

If this happens to your Cantenna, you should have the Cantenna relocated to a position where the Cantenna receives the steady green light. This will eliminate the periods of disconnection, re-booting, and re-connection to the cell tower.

This relocation should provide a steady connection to the cell tower and eliminate the need to re-boot you system.

Please let me know if if this solves you situation.

Myron

0 Likes
kern62243

My parents bought the Home Fusion in November, 2012.  We live two miles down the road from them and purchased ours a month later based on their rave reviews.  Shortly after that they started having almost daily problems with theirs dropping.  Started out just a few minutes here and there and then went to several hours at a time.  Now it goes out for days at a time.  Of course, they have spent countless hours with Verizon.  Their unit is mounted just a few feet from the ground in a corner of their house - like an alcove.  My mom has fought with Verizon over and over that they should come out and mount it on the roof to see if that fixes the problem.  Mine is mounted on the roof and I rarely have an outage that lasts more than a few minutes.  Verizon wants to charge her for having the installer come back out.  Her argument is why should she have to pay to have it moved when the guy put it in the wrong place to begin with.  

I see other posts in this forum that it's a firmware problem.  Would a firmware problem be system wide?  Would my mother's problem be firmware if we both purchased our systems around the same time and we have no problem with ours?  Just trying to help my parents out with this. 

We all have been Verizon customers forever.  We live in a very rural area and at this point we don't have a lot of options for high speed internet.  Frustrating for my parents, but we love ours.

0 Likes
cjrhea
Enthusiast - Level 2

Home Fusion is becoming worthless for me.  I was a ClearWave customer (slower technology, but was very reliable) and switched to HF per Verizon's incentives. Since day-one, speeds have been great, but unreliable technology:

1. Multiple drops per day.

2. Corrupted downloads of large files (e.g., patches for either Microsoft or Apple Mac).

In order to get UN-Corrupted downloads, I need to either:

1. Pay for media from the supplier.

2. Physically take my computer(s) to a location that has reliable Internet service.

Verizon support is useless-- "Have you unplugged/rebooted your router and antenna?" is about all they can handle.

These issues have been around since the start of the HF product (and reported by many users), yet Verizon has not addressed them.

I live in a rural area and have very limited options for Internet connectivity.

0 Likes