Connected to the MoCA network but internal registration failure.
wtfranklin
Enthusiast - Level 3

Had it installed a couple of months ago and have had problems with daily disconnects. They last from 2 - 15 minutes but always correct themselves and reconnect. Pretty frustrating when downloading a software update or making online reservations

Anyway, today the 'Internet' light on the router is flashing amber instead of green. Been doing it for at least the last 2 hours, perhaps longer. I still have connectivity at normal speeds, but don't know what "internal registration failure" means. Usually when it flashes amber I have no internet connectivity.

Thanks.

0 Likes
Re: Connected to the MoCA network but internal registration failure.
Not applicable

Might help to know were you are located. Also might help to know which router you have specifically.

0 Likes
wtfranklin
Enthusiast - Level 3

Thanks for replying.

I'm about 20 miles NW of Lansing MI. The router is a TG790.

0 Likes
Triumph8683
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have the exact same problem.  I'm located in Galesburg, MI.  I've called customer service twice.  The first time they had me unplug the router and cantanae.  That worked, but only for a short time.  The second time they had me log into the router and reset it.  The results were the same, worked for a few hours then back to amber.  I still have fast Internet speeds and its not even dropping.  The service rep could not access my router remotely, and therefore my only concern is that I won't receive updates.

germantown
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am having the exact same frustrating problem with the Technicolor router.. initial install worked great for a week.. then... what you described has been happening ever since. I have tried just about everything, powercycling either the HBR or the HBA or BOTH and sometimes it will go back to the 4G light "green" or sometimes it will just stay amber. When this first happened, i would know when the HBR was disconnected from the internet and confirmed when i went out to the website GUI and reported "not connected" to internet. Now.. you can remain connected to the internet and it flashes Amber. the only way you know you are having a legitimate outage connected to the HBA and Cell tower is to go the internet GUI and it will tell you  there "not connected". .What a bunch of crud. I called customer service and the technician knew of no fix issue,but said they have been getting calls on this very same issue and noted it.. Hopefully they are trending it and know of software fix.

The only thing i can even remotely guess is.. that when you go into and look at all the wireless devices listed that a person may have had connected at one time ( I have 4 wifi devices-  two wifi laptops, wifi streaming DVD player, and a wifi Kindle) as they show up in a list, even when not in use some of them do not have an active connection while not using threfore there is nothing being pulled from the router's DHCP pool and the IP slot shows empty.  I wonder if this is screwing up the device?.. hence sending this interal registration error.. again.. this is just a guess..

Hope a fix comes in the form of a software firmware upgrade or something like that..One cannot go out to Tecnicolor's website as this router must be proprietary to Verizon?

PLEASE POST IF FIX IS DETERMINED!  Thank you!

0 Likes
scott21
Contributor - Level 2

A fix is coming soon i got an update to this today by vzw. fix is suppost come at end of month. Said they are very close to solving this, lets hope thats true.

germantown
Enthusiast - Level 2

That is awesome news and lets keep fingers crossed. I have noted a different thread you were on too "scott21" might want to find and post there too if you are so inclined to want to do so. Smiley Happy

0 Likes
scott21
Contributor - Level 2

Ill post there soon. there gonna update me again in 2 week's or so, When that happens ill post the info.

Triumph8683
Enthusiast - Level 1

Just to update all.....my 4G light went green about 36 hours ago, and has stayed that way!  Maybe the fix is in place!

0 Likes
germantown
Enthusiast - Level 2

i had to reset the Antenna last week but the light has been staying green for a week now and no amber light.. all appears to be good now!

0 Likes