Re: Blue Ray player compatible with 4G Jet Pack
Not applicable

what security settings do you have on the Jetpack?

0 Likes
evdotech
Contributor - Level 1

make sure you have security cipher type set to TKIP and not AES that might help your issue, by default veriozon ships out the hotspots with cipher type AES

0 Likes
crankydave

Thanks for trying. I changed the hotspot to TKIP with no success. Still telling me the connection timed out and the network might not be set up correctly. Even though diagnostics shows everything is OK

0 Likes
evdotech
Contributor - Level 1

Try setting a security of WEP 64bit Open access, or no security.

0 Likes
JennaA

@CrankyDave,  Have you had any recent luck troubleshooting.  I have the same issue.  My Sony BRplayer works fine w/ Sprint 3G hotspot, does not work with Verizon 4g.  Same as you, authentication is fine, but Pandora and Netflix blow-up.

0 Likes
crankydave

No luck. No one seems to have a solution. Not Verizon and Sony does not seem to even care.

0 Likes
AvDuncan
Enthusiast - Level 1

You need to update software on the blueray from time to time as new features become available

germantown
Enthusiast - Level 2

Accurate statement on the posted firmware posts : My Panasonic blu-ray, recommended by the manufacturer of the player to go to a specific website and download newer firmware to upload to the player make more wi-fi devices compatible. Panasonic even sent me a warning card with the instruction manual telling users this is important if wishing to use with internet purpose.  This may sort of counter-intuitive and one would think it all should work regardless.. however..... If Sony is worth anything on supporting their existing products they should be doing the same and posting for users available firmware updates which SHOULD take care of the problem accessing these newer devices. Good luck and hope you get there!

P.S. My Verizon 4G LTE Home Broadband fusion router (just another broadband access device like your jetpack) works flawlessly through my Panasonic BDT220 blu-ray player and did not require anything more then entering into the blu-ray player  the wireless WPA2 security password key ID from the router and was instantly connected thereafter.

0 Likes