Block text spam on usb720 or I am going to cricket
zigzag
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have a usb720 internet modem.  I do not EVER text with this modem.  EVER.  I am getting text spammed.  I have to pay for every text I receive.  Verizon tells me I am unable to block texts with this modem without upgrading my account.  I say BULL.  This amounts to extortion.  Either verizon gets paid from me receiving unsolicited text spam, or verizon gets paid for me to upgrade my account.  Make it stop or I am going to cricket.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Block text spam on usb720 or I am going to cricket
Not applicable

Zigzag I can certainly help out with your text issue! Thanks to the community for responding with some great suggestions. There is a couple of options we have to block this. You certainly can block the numbers on your own and have access to full control of your service by signing up with "usage controls." Click here for the link: https://wbillpay.verizonwireless.com/vzw/nos/uc/uc_home.jsp

If that is not an option for you then please DM your name and number and I can see what options we have for you. I hope this helps. Thanks.

SammuelP_VZW

VZW Support

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

View solution in original post

0 Likes
budone
Legend

Have them change the phone number on the modem. Also add the number to the Do not call list and opt out also at VZW

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

Is the text coming from a specific number?  If so have you tried blocking the numbers for free from the Verizon website...

https://nbillpay.verizonwireless.com/vzw/secure/messageIntercept/messageInterceptHome.action

0 Likes
Not applicable

Zigzag I can certainly help out with your text issue! Thanks to the community for responding with some great suggestions. There is a couple of options we have to block this. You certainly can block the numbers on your own and have access to full control of your service by signing up with "usage controls." Click here for the link: https://wbillpay.verizonwireless.com/vzw/nos/uc/uc_home.jsp

If that is not an option for you then please DM your name and number and I can see what options we have for you. I hope this helps. Thanks.

SammuelP_VZW

VZW Support

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
keitoflan
Enthusiast - Level 3

I agree wholeheartedly. Since it's a modem changing the number will stop the texts while keeping your service since I assume the modem number is arbitrary.

0 Likes
zigzag
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thank you, everyone, for your ideas.

"Call and Message Blocking" is not available for my device.  I am not able to block specific numbers without upgrading to "usage controls."  Usage controls cost $4.99/month.  1000 texts/month costs $10.00/month, or paying as I go costs $0.20/text.  I haven't yet received more than 25 spams in one month, so the cost of the spam has not yet totaled more than $4.99.  Simply paying the for the spam would cost less than controlling it.

Changing numbers won't help because the bots trolling numbers will still hit the new number, just as they have been with this one.  It seems ridiculous to me that texting would be an option for a modem at all.  Texting is a win/win for Verizon, and I get screwed.  It should be a simple thing for Verizon to disable texting and be done with it.

SammueIP, please friend me and I will DM you.

Thanks, again.

budone
Legend

I disagree changing the number will not help. I do not receive spam texts at all.

But once changed, immediately set it up under dontocall.gov and go into VZW online site and opt out of the sale of your number to third party vendors.

0 Likes