All circuits are busy - network extender
Art
Was on a 2 hour conference call via the NE and after 80 minutes or so I was kicked off the call and attempts to try to call out again were met with "all circuits are busy" regardless of what number I dialed.  Is there a threshold to the amount of minutes you can use in any time frame?
0 Likes
Re: All circuits are busy - network extender
Skybase
Enthusiast - Level 2

Sounds to me like either the tower you connect to went down, was overloaded or something along those lines.  I think it's ridiculous, however, that the network will dump someone already on a call. 

I remember back when Cells were so new.  You could only talk for like 10 minutes at a time, because the network would cycle through as the network filled up.  Dumping someone who'd been on a long time to allow connection by someone else.  You hardly ever see that anymore however I've seen it here locally. (out in the rural areas)

0 Likes
Art
But thats just it, I wasn't on a tower, I was connected to the Network Extender going over my broadband connection. I have poor service in the "sticks" where I live in my house, so the NE has been a great tool, but am curious what caused this.
0 Likes
PaulBreneman

I've had a network extender for over a month.  About 10 times I would find the Sys light blinking red in the morning and would have to recycle the power and wait 10 minutes.  But other than that it has been reliable.

Today it locked up on me and would not let any Verizon phones in the area send or receive calls.  Had 4 bars but #48 failed.  Called Verizon tech support and they said to recycle the power (I knew that would fix it).

Sounds similar to your problem Art.  This is a bigger problem than the Sys light flashing red because this will completely prevent my neighbors from using their phones until I cycle the power!

0 Likes
Art

i've had to cycle the NE a few times as well and it can be frustrating as acquiring the GPS signal seems to take way too long.  My neighbors are the least of my worries though ..:smileyhappy:

when this thing works it works great, the little hiccups can be frustrating, especially when they happen when you REALLY need that signal.

0 Likes
PaulBreneman
When mine locked up today all four LEDs were normal (solid blue).  When yours failed how were the LEDs?
0 Likes
Art
i've had it lock up with 4 blue led's, and at other times, I've had the SYS blinking red for no apparent reason.
0 Likes
PaulBreneman

When my Sys LED is blinking red there is no service and my phone doesn't show any bars.

When the NE locked up today it had all LEDs blue (as normal) and my phone had 4 bars (as normal) but I could not receive or make calls.

Those are the two types of problems I've encountered.

0 Likes
Yakove
Contributor - Level 1

The Network Extender has four available channels:

• The first 3 channels are used for voice calls or 1x data sessions.
  • The 4th is reserved for E-911 emergency calls.

If your neighbors are using the signal also they might be using the voice channels before you...

0 Likes
Yakove
Contributor - Level 1

Power LED Indicates that the base station is receiving power. No illumination indicates there is an issue with the power supply or power connector.

System LED Indicates that the base station is properly communicating with the Verizon Wireless network. This light will blink red while establishing the initial network connection. Continuous red indicates an abnormal condition.

GPS LED Indicates that the base station has received a valid GPS signal. If the GPS LED light is red, the internal antenna may not be able to detect a GPS signal, and installation of the external GPS antenna may be necessary. (Refer to the product User Guide for details.)

WAN LED Indicates that the base station has detected a valid Ethernet connection. Blinking blue LED light indicates data communication.

0 Likes