5g Plan Overage charges
yankeeflyer

Why is it that when I go for six or seven months of not using the mifi and the 5g of usage that I'm allowed,I get charged when going over the 5g's?What happens to all the g's I don't use?I'd like to charge verizon for all the months I don't even use the thing!!

0 Likes
Re: 5g Plan Overage charges
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

yankeeflyer, we want you to use your MiFi device to it's fullest potential! However, there are ways to manage your data allowance to ensure that you're not exceeding the allowance. Check it out: http://vz.to/1azuMqH

LasinaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
ttipgem
Master - Level 1

Your data allowance expires at the end of each service period.  It does not "rollover" into the next period.

If you go over your data allowance for a service period, you will get charged an additional amount. 

That's what you agreed to when you signed up for service.

0 Likes
yankeeflyer

I'm well aware of what I signed up for......That does'nt make it fair!! They have no problem taking my money on the months that it is not in use!!

0 Likes
Not applicable

You pay for data if you use it or not. So if you go over in one month on the 5 gig you pay. What you pay for monthly is the access to the data. As the other poster said its not cumulative it is a set amount. Each and every month.

Good Luck

0 Likes
John_Getzke
Champion - Level 1

That is how mobile data works all around the world, VZW is no exception.  I am not aware of any data plans that roll over unused data from one month to the next.  Use it or lose it.

ttipgem
Master - Level 1

yankeeflyer wrote:

I'm well aware of what I signed up for......That does'nt make it fair!! They have no problem taking my money on the months that it is not in use!!

Okay.  Your original post asked "Why is it that ...".  And that was answered.

We can't do anything about whether or not it is "fair".

0 Likes
dtanner
Enthusiast - Level 2

See a lot of people complaining about the mifi spots and going over their data plans.

Problems is most likely 1 of 2 things

1) You aren't understanding how much data you are actually using. An HD youtube video will eat up a hundred or so megs in 4-5 minutes 1024MB = 1GB you see how not much youtubing can kill your data quick.

2) the device isn't password protect or it's using Verizon's default password. Change that people could be connecting to it and surfing using your data allowance...

0 Likes
indianajonz

I understand how all this works and that Verizon is in business to make money. I guess I am still bitter about existing Verizon customers , at the time that unlimited data was discontinued not being grandfathered in for the unlimited data package .Verizon is the only wireless service I have had since my first cell phone I just wish they would have taken care of loyal customers.

0 Likes
yankeeflyer

Not a problem anymore.Canceled MIFI with VZ and had ATT hook up high speed internet to the house for 39.95,unlimited data use and I use wifi hot spots when on the road...thanks for your replies.

0 Likes