5 spot receiving texts not from Verizon
nysmomo

Just curious, noticed on my VZAccess manager that I had received two texts on two different days from a local number that I am unfamiliar with. I don't ever use this to text and normally I just receive the regular messages from VZ FREE MSG. The texts were asking who the number belongs to. At first I figured just someone texted the wrong number, but then kinda made me wonder if my 5 spot has accidentally contacted them somehow. I don't know how it works really but I am pretty sure I get charged for these type of texts. Any ideas?

0 Likes
Re: 5 spot receiving texts not from Verizon
firstlady09
Contributor - Level 3

If you are not subscribed to a text message package for the five spot, text messaging will be billed at $0.20 for each message sent / received.  Picture and Video Messages will be billed at $0.25 for each message sent/received. Keep in mind you can check your usage for the five spot through the account holder's my verizon account. This will determine if text messages are being sent from the five spot. You would have to sign into the account holder's online account. Once you are logged in to the home page select usage details. Select the mobile number that is assigned to the fivespot and view text usage. The text usage will display all incoming and outgoing messages for the five spot. The usage details updates every 24 hours.

Click here to sign in https://login.verizonwireless.com/amserver/UI/Login

0 Likes