Re: Will the Blackberry Key2 be whitelisted?
MORROB85
Enthusiast - Level 2

No way! Thank you so much for your helpful insight! Thats exactly what we were wondering. How we go about unlocking a device. Thanks.

0 Likes
ikbb
Enthusiast - Level 2

I suggest everyone visit the following 2 links, and copy/paste the following message.  lets flood BlackBerry Mobile with this request.

"The BlackBerry KEY2, has identical radios and hardware as other devices that have been successfully whitelisted by Verizon.  The BlackBerry KEY2 has not been tested and Verizon is not allowing the device to make phone calls.  BBMobile needs to take care of the large number of Verizon users that would like to activate the device on its network.  All the bands/hardware components are there.. BBmo needs to reach out and make it happen!"

Escalation & Suggestions | BlackBerry Mobile - Official website

for Case Number, enter "na"

Contact Us | BlackBerry Mobile - Official website

0 Likes
MORROB85
Enthusiast - Level 2

This is directly from Blackberry. Its completely up to verizon. So verizon, how about you take care of those of us who want the new blackberry on your network?

"
Hello,

Thank you for contacting BlackBerry® Mobile support. We appreciate your interest in our products, it is not up to us whether Verizon will or not accept the BlackBerry KEY2 in their network. As of now they have refused to do so, however you may subscribe to our newsletter by going to the following website, selecting your region and entering your email address in order  to be kept up to date on any changes or news regarding the compatibility of the device with them: https://www.blackberrymobile.com
"

0 Likes
INQUIRING-MINDS
Enthusiast - Level 3

This is pathetic. Each one wants to point the finger at the other. Like little kids.

0 Likes
boringusername
Master - Level 1

INQUIRING-MINDS wrote:

This is pathetic. Each one wants to point the finger at the other. Like little kids.

it's simple before ANY phone can be on Verizon network is HAS to go through testing. It's up to the phone manufacture to go through the testing process. I'm not sure how you are blaming Verizon. Unless you have some proof that Blackberry did the testing and passed and Verizon still refused to whitelist then you're blaming the wrong people.

0 Likes
INQUIRING-MINDS
Enthusiast - Level 3

Hold on there l'il buckaroo. I'm not blaming anyone. I get that there is a process in place. I'm saying that BBmo and Verizon are both pointing the finger at each other. The ball is in someone's court here and neither one will take ownership. And that is the problem.

0 Likes
MORROB85
Enthusiast - Level 2

Exactly.

On a side note, us as users are completely in the right to sit here and complain until something gets done. We spend a premium for Verizon as is. I could swap over to tmobile for half the cost. So here I am complaining until they white list the keytwo.

Another side note; The keytwo was advertised as being able to work with verizon network. Blackberry sent me a direct email saying verizon are the ones stopping it from activating on their network. Given that the keyone works fine, I'm inclined to believe this is in fact a verizon sided issue. I could care less how small blackberry is. If a bunch of us users want it (which clearly we do), verizon has a responsibility to us users to make it happen.

MORROB85
Enthusiast - Level 2

Whats really hilarious is since posting on this thread a verizon rep has responding trying to explain how we go about unlocking our devices.

Just goes to show how educated these guys are on here and how nothing is likely to happen.

ANOTHER side note;

I'm STILL waiting for verizon to certifiy the OREO update for my blackberry one so I can OTA update it. EVERY other carrier (minus sprint) has certified the update and allowed their users to update. AGAIN verizon fails on the blackberry front.

KandoFosho
Enthusiast - Level 2

I feel your pain!  I have the Priv and it has so many problems it's not even funny.  I just got off a chat and a phone convo where the 2 different reps said 2 different things.

One said they are out of stock on the BB classic and I can ask a CS rep when they'll be back in and provides a number for me to call them.

Called CS and they say they haven't had a BB since 15 and don't carry the classic!

Not cool to keep customers waiting and begging for something they clearly want.  In these days of competitive biz Verizon should listen to their customers before they aren't customers anymore.

0 Likes
newportironman

Add me to the list.  i don't know who is responsible for the delay or if in fact the Key2 can be whitelisted etc but as a Verizon Business customer for 15+ years and a Blackberry user since inception I'd like to stay w/ Verizon.  The Key2 is an awesome device.  Verizon and BB should get together if possible.

0 Likes