Re: Will the Blackberry Key2 be whitelisted?
otterry53
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks.  I know.  I was just so frustrated by Verizon's answer (and previous answers to questions about the Key2)  that I couldn't help wanting to point out to them that the Key2 was not functioning on the CDMA network as they were implying in their response to t1970.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Firefighter1272, the Blackberry Key 2 is a very nice device, so we can understand your concern for this information. Regrettably, we do not have any specific details on this device at this time, however current device compatibility can be checked on the following web page https://www.verizonwireless.com/prospect/bring-your-own-device#/. In addition, Information has been provided about the CDMA network on this forum. We hope this information is beneficial.

David_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
MORROB85
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am also curious as to the future of the keytwo on the verizon network. Can we get some sort of response from verizon on this? I can confirm that the keytwo works fine with data on the verizon network, all it needs is to be whitelisted for voice/texting. Why is that so difficult? Clearly theres a following. Get it together verizon, I may leave just for the keytwo and swap to tmobile.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Did you ever think to put the pressure on BlackBerry to get it certified? The manufacturer is responsible for requesting the testing.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
FlyingDutchman
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am a longtime Verizon customer and want to stay.  I have had several Blackberry devices over many years and currently have the CDMA Verizon compatible Blackberry KeyOne.  I want to uprgade to the much improved Blackberry Key2.  It has the correct bands needed for Verizon's LTE network and it has been demonstrated that the Key2 will work on Verizon for data when others have swapped in a Verizon SIM but voice would not work.  IT NEEDS TO BE WHITELISTED SO IT CAN FULLY WORK ON YOUR NETWORK.

Verizon is phasing out CDMA next yearso Blackberry Mobile did not produce a CDMA variant.

Can Verizon please evaluate the Key2 so it can be whitelisted?  It has the bands you need for it to work.  Many of us are long time Verizon customers AND longtiime Blackberry customers who value what their phones do for us.  PLEASE do not give me a reason to bail on being a loyal customer just so I can move to an upgraded phone that should work on your network.

0 Likes
boringusername
Master - Level 1

FlyingDutchman wrote:

I am a longtime Verizon customer and want to stay. I have had several Blackberry devices over many years and currently have the CDMA Verizon compatible Blackberry KeyOne. I want to uprgade to the much improved Blackberry Key2. It has the correct bands needed for Verizon's LTE network and it has been demonstrated that the Key2 will work on Verizon for data when others have swapped in a Verizon SIM but voice would not work. IT NEEDS TO BE WHITELISTED SO IT CAN FULLY WORK ON YOUR NETWORK.

Verizon is phasing out CDMA next yearso Blackberry Mobile did not produce a CDMA variant.

Can Verizon please evaluate the Key2 so it can be whitelisted? It has the bands you need for it to work. Many of us are long time Verizon customers AND longtiime Blackberry customers who value what their phones do for us. PLEASE do not give me a reason to bail on being a loyal customer just so I can move to an upgraded phone that should work on your network.

It's up to Blackberry to request it be whitelisted. please stop putting this on Verizon. It's Blackberry's responsibility

0 Likes
FlyingDutchman
Enthusiast - Level 2

That is a very curt answer for a long time a loyal Verizon customer.  I was not "putting this on Verizon".  I was asking a valid question.  Customer service does not have to be harsh or with an attitude. 

0 Likes
MORROB85
Enthusiast - Level 2

I agree. These "customer service agents" don't even seem to understand what was being asked originally. Verizon needs to up their game. The key 2 has all the band's that is needed for Verizon. Verizon just needs to allow the phone to be activated on their network.

0 Likes
boringusername
Master - Level 1

MORROB85 wrote:

I agree. These "customer service agents" don't even seem to understand what was being asked originally. Verizon needs to up their game. The key 2 has all the band's that is needed for Verizon. Verizon just needs to allow the phone to be activated on their network.

Did you READ my post. BLACKBERRY has to make the request and do the testing

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

MORROBB85, I can certainly understand the importance of being able to use this particular device on our network. Our goal is to make sure that our customers have a wide variety of devices to use. Please refer to our device unlocking policy by clicking on the following link(scroll to the bottom of the page and refer to the "PLEASE NOTE" section): http://spr.ly/6586DIzlC. Another recommendation would be to reach out directly to Blackberry for more details on their policy of using this particular device on the Verizon network. Please click on the following Blackberry support page here: http://spr.ly/6588DIzm6

KevinM_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes