Re: Samsung A70 A80
mama23dogs
Legend

@rithwik2k8 wrote:

There's leaks that the A70 is finally coming to Verizon! Hope that comes true. Source: https://www.sammobile.com/news/galaxy-a70-headed-to-the-us-could-first-launch-on-verizon

Well I'm seeing a second leak that actually says it's a leak based on samobile and FCC.  So, yippee, I lose my bet.   I wonder how they'll price it though?

0 Likes
Re: Samsung A70
alcopp
Enthusiast - Level 1

I would encourage you as a 12yr Verizon user to listen to the consumer and find a way to get these Samsung products to operate on Verizon. A70 and A80.

@vzw_customer_support wrote:

We certainly want to make sure that you know all of your options for activating equipment on our network. The best place to check for compatibility is right here: http://spr.ly/66051Hqlb

We mentioned this earlier in this thread but please note that even if a device is compatible, all Verizon features may not be available. Does this clarify? 

RyanM_VZW

0 Likes
Falcon09_
Enthusiast - Level 3

These phones are pushing a year old. This is pathetic how Verizon markets. The 50 was cdma'd for the network. In the original of the product line state the 50 is manufactured as gsm. Verizon/Samsung choose to market the 50 during the release of the s10/s10+ to address mid-range consumers and at the same time save sales on premium lineups. Samsung needed to increase sales and used the American markets to push its weaker selling products on premium American networks. Had the 70 been released the same time the S10 line up was released it would have weakened the s10 sales dramatically in the U.S. . 

0 Likes
Falcon09_
Enthusiast - Level 3

I honestly can't believe this post is just now getting traction. At any rate. These phones are new to the american market and pushing almost two years old in places like INDA. American markets do not get the latest unless it is produced here. Also, I left links in my beginning post as well as mentioned why the 70 and 80 didn't hit the market but the 50 did. This is marketing at it's finest. Corporate dictates, consumer follows! 

0 Likes
Falcon09_
Enthusiast - Level 3

Honestly when i created this post with all the data etc.. I'd given up on the 70 or the 80. Really just shedding light on the market and how it treats it's consumers.  I spoke with samsung global as well as verizon. Samsung stated i could byod for both devices but i would run into issues activating through samsung on verizon. My squawk was marketing the 50 when it was gsm, got converted to cdma-verizon compatible. Well both the 70 and the 80 originally are gsm. For U.S. marketing purposes and sales the 50 was released and not the 70/80. This was the time when the s10/s10+ was released. Had the 70/80 been released in U.S. markets at that time it would have hurt s10 line-ups sales. Just my two cents.  

0 Likes
PixelDude
Enthusiast - Level 3

Verizon's speed with info and getting devices onto the network is akin to molasses on a cold day. 

Xfinity Mobile has the US version of the A70 listed for preorder on their site, releasing tomorrow (11/22), so I thought VZ might also have it available tomorrow. But if that were true there would have been some indication by now, right?

There's also a Galaxy A71 model right around the corner. I'll check back in 2 years when VZ gets around to getting that one on their network.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Falcon09_, 

Thanks for all the details regarding the Samsung A70 and A80. We can go over VZW device make/models that we feel have comparable features with these devices. How does this sound? 

Thanks,

PamelaF_VZW

0 Likes
mickeydangie
Enthusiast - Level 1

Give us what we want not what you want to sell us! I can't make it any clearer than that!

mama23dogs
Legend

It's like talking to a brick wall.  🤦‍♀️

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

@mickeydangie wrote:

Give us what we want not what you want to sell us! I can't make it any clearer than that!

Perhaps you should direct your request to the manufacturers of the phones and ask them to make all phone models compatible with all the carriers' frequencies and capable of VoLTE calls. Then you, the customer, can purchase the phone model that best suits your needs directly from the manufacturer and not have to worry about if the phone will work on your preferred carrier. 

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes