0 Likes
Re: Samsung A70
mutpark

A705MN is running with VOLTE.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We certainly want to make sure that you know all of your options for activating equipment on our network. The best place to check for compatibility is right here: http://spr.ly/66051Hqlb

We mentioned this earlier in this thread but please note that even if a device is compatible, all Verizon features may not be available. Does this clarify? 

RyanM_VZW

0 Likes
PixelDude
Enthusiast - Level 3

Are you saying you were able to successfully activate an A70 on Verizon?

0 Likes
PixelDude
Enthusiast - Level 3

No it doesn't. Just answer the question rather than redirecting us. Can the A70 or A80 be activated? 

0 Likes
PixelDude
Enthusiast - Level 3

According to this, the A80 has the bands for 4g service

https://www.kimovil.com/en/frequency-checker/US/samsung-galaxy-a80

0 Likes
mama23dogs
Legend

@PixelDude wrote:

No it doesn't. Just answer the question rather than redirecting us. Can the A70 or A80 be activated? 

The Verizon rep is providing the answer they can.  If it's not on their list, they can't say yes.  
Unless someone tries one on Verizon, we'll never know.

As always, no WiFi calling.  Very few exceptions

0 Likes
PixelDude
Enthusiast - Level 3

Right but there's the thing. They say to check the imei per the byod link prior to buying the device. You can't get the imei before you buy so that's not a viable solution. Surely they have access to some on their end and can tell us whether it should work. 

And I don't care about wifi calling. Just want to know if I'll have access to 4g volte. 

0 Likes
mama23dogs
Legend

@PixelDude wrote:

Right but there's the thing. They say to check the imei per the byod link prior to buying the device. You can't get the imei before you buy so that's not a viable solution. Surely they have access to some on their end and can tell us whether it should work. 

And I don't care about wifi calling. Just want to know if I'll have access to 4g volte. 

It wouldn't matter, and you will NOT get any other answer from an employee.  Even if you did have an IMEI for an A70 ot A80, it would not be accepted through an IMEI check online or in a store. 
Unless the manufacturer paid for certification, it's not on Verizon's list, and the only reply you will get through official channels is "NO".   

0 Likes
PixelDude
Enthusiast - Level 3

I guess the key question now is mutpark's comment above, "A705MN is running with VOLTE." Hopefully he responds. 

0 Likes