Re: Samsung A70 A80
Nearoffutt

My wife wants to replace her Galaxy 6 as it doesn't hold a charge as long as it used to when newer.  I still use my Samsung flip phone I bought in 2015, as I have dropped it on cement getting out of the car many times and it still holds a charge for three to five days, depending on usage.  The battery on the G6 is too hard to replace, and Samsung can eat a duck if they think charging me $75 and not having that phone for three weeks is a good deal.  I might get an A50 for $250, but only until Verizon gets their act together and has the A70 available in the USA.  The A80 also looks good,  but it is cutting edge and therfore over priced.  The A70 and A80 are sold and in use elsewhere in the world, the UK and India have great reviews.  The specifications for the A series below A50 are not very good for such an expensive toy.

0 Likes
Re: Samsung A70
kasanova11
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have also used the A705MN as well as the A705W (Canadian Model) they both will work on Verizon. You must have an already active sim card from a Verizon phone. Once you have that you can simply put your activated sim card in the A70 and it will work.

Verizon WILL NOT activate this phoen directly for you and will offer you NO support for it.

It is a great phone btw.

mama23dogs
Legend

@kasanova11 wrote:

I have also used the A705MN as well as the A705W (Canadian Model) they both will work on Verizon. You must have an already active sim card from a Verizon phone. Once you have that you can simply put your activated sim card in the A70 and it will work.

Verizon WILL NOT activate this phoen directly for you and will offer you NO support for it.

It is a great phone btw.

Now that is useful information.  
👍🏼

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

It's worrying to see that your wife's device is experiencing a short battery life, and we are here to help. Please tell us, have you tried charging it with multiple chargers? Please run a Device Health Check on the device. This process will inform us about any issues happening with the device. The following link will guide you through this process. https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-206364/

GeovannJ_VZW

0 Likes
mutpark

my A705MN/DS is able to send SMS on verizon.

receiving  SMS and MMS are working well.

0 Likes
PixelDude
Enthusiast - Level 3

What phone did you swap the sim from?

Does anything not work? 

0 Likes
kasanova11
Enthusiast - Level 1

Blade Vantage Prepaid phone, it will work with any that are registered in the system. I would try for a LTE VOLTE compatible phone to make sure though.

Everything is working without issue.

0 Likes
rithwik2k8

There's leaks that the A70 is finally coming to Verizon! Hope that comes true. Source: https://www.sammobile.com/news/galaxy-a70-headed-to-the-us-could-first-launch-on-verizon

0 Likes
PixelDude
Enthusiast - Level 3

Hopefully true, thanks for posting. Now hurry the heck up, Verizon. 

0 Likes
mama23dogs
Legend

@rithwik2k8 wrote:

There's leaks that the A70 is finally coming to Verizon! Hope that comes true. Source: https://www.sammobile.com/news/galaxy-a70-headed-to-the-us-could-first-launch-on-verizon

I wouldn't call that a leak.  It's more like a leap, or wishful thinking.  It's unlikely there will be 2 mid range phones with similar specs.  Verizon already has 2 slightly lower range.  The A70 is too close to the S series, and might put a dent in the flagship sales.   I would be delighted to be wrong, but I would put money on being right.