cancelar
Mostrar resultados para
Busca en su lugar
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

SIM not Supported - Used iPhone 6s Plus

Miembro

I recently purchased a used iPhone 6s Plus off of Swappa.com. The phone was in mint condition and appears to function properly. However, I took it to a Verizon store to open an account and get service on the iPhone. When putting in the SIM card, the sales rep said that I could not use this phone at Verizon. The phone was showing an error during inactivation: "SIM not Valid. The tarjeta SIM card you currently have installed in this iPhone is from a carrier that is no supported under the activation policy currently assigned by the activation server. ... Please insert another tarjeta SIM card from a supported carrier or request that this iPhone be unlocked by your carrier." He basically told me I needed to return it and if I get an iPhone 7 or up, and there shouldn't be a problem. Not happy with this answer, I called Verizon customer service. They checked the IMEI and determined that it is a Verizon phone, and it is compatible to be activated. They are sending me a new SIM card to see if that works. After doing some research on the internet, I am not confident that this new SIM card will work either. Has anyone had this problem when activating a used iPhone, and what was your solution?

Labels (1)
Highlighted

Re: SIM not Supported - Used iPhone 6s Plus

Community Manager
Community Manager

Getting that phone activated is crucial, danibanani. I'd like to put your mind at ease. In most cases, a new SIM will do the trick as long as the iPhone is compatible with our network, and I can check the details of that device further to ensure it's going to work. Please be on the lookout for a Private Message.

LynnD_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

Highlighted

Miembro

I am currently having the same problem. How was the issue resolved?

0 Likes
Highlighted

Community Manager
Community Manager

I'm sorry to hear you're having an issue with your SIM card celestebgriff. The issue can be resolved most of the time with a new SIM card. We can send you one as long as we can access and verify your account or you can stop by a corporate store for a new SIM card.

Have you replaced your SIM card yet? How long have you experienced this issue? Have you been out of the country recently?

KinquanaH_VZW

0 Likes