Prepaid Port
nlk1001001

I have read the VZW Port FAQ, in particular the one that advises that you can ONLY port a number in to a prepaid account when you first activate that account. But the comments also refer to buying a device online, and I am bringing my own device (iPhone 6s+). Does this prohibition on post-activation port-ins apply in my situation as well? 

Specifically, I signed up for the 6GB/$40 per month prepaid plan and assigned it to an old VZW sim I had. I asked that a mobile number be assigned because I want to try Verizon's service out before bringing over my main number. If I cannot do that can I just cancel this account (i.e. not renew for next month) and go through the whole procedure to sign up for a new prepaid account (and port in at that time)?

Does VZW want customers? 🙂

Thank you in advance for any info.

BTW:  To those who might ask if I tried VZW chat, the answer is no because in order to do that I'd need to Register my new Prepaid account, which is not possible because I was never asked to set up a four digit security PIN. This means I need to use the MyVerizon app to Register, which doesn't work. In particular, when I open the app I am told that there are two numbers on the phone and am asked which one I want to use. When I select the new VZW number the app thinks for a while and returns to the same screen.

0 Likes
Re: Prepaid Port
deloused
Master - Level 3

‘Porting’ means moving the same phone number from one service provider (i.e. Sprint to Verizon, or T-mobile to AT&T). If you’re not changing carriers with the same number as your post indicates nothing regarding the Port FAQ applies

0 Likes
Re: Prepaid Port
nlk1001001

No, I guess I didn't make myself clear, I would be porting my number in from T-Mobile.

0 Likes