Online sales Rep made a mistake and I have to pay extra for my bill
Yu2019
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hi! It’s a long story and I will try my best to make short:

I talked to Clare, an online sales Rep, on 4/10, tried to switch all my six lines from T-Mobile to Verizon.

My plan was, with military discount and autopay discount, for Go Unlimited Plan, I would be paying $200(4 lines of $30 and two additional lines of 40)  + $180(activation fees for 6 lines) for my fisrt bill, and the following monthly payment would be $200.

What happened: I got 3 lines activated on 4/10, and the rest 3 lines will be activated on 4/15 (for some reason and I was never been told). 

I end up paying two bill, one is $280(3 lines of $55 and 3 activation fees of $30 plus taxes and fees) for billing period 4/10-5/9 for three lines, the other one is $280 for the other 3 lines for billing period 4/10-5/9. With total of $560. $180 extra compare to my plan.

As soon as I saw the bill, I talked to online customer service, and I was told the bill is valid, generated by the system and can’t be changed. Even I spent over 2 hours trying to explain the situation, the best he could do was to credit me $100(I still have to pay $80 extra) and make extensive notes on my account(does it even mean anything?). He tried to persuade me by saying it’s just one time charge. Sorry, no, it doesn’t make it acceptable because “just one time charge” for being over charged.

My question was, do I have to pay for the sales Rep’s mistake? Is the bill really not adjustable? Not to mention Clare told me it would be $161 for my monthly payment then I was told differently by another Rep. Promised me I would receive all my SIM card on 4/12, but only receive one and the rest will come on 4/15.

Thank you and I wish you all have a wonderful Verizon experience.

0 Likes
Re: Online sales Rep made a mistake and I have to pay extra for my bill
mama23dogs
Legend

I don’t see a mistake   

Your military discount will kick in in 2 or 3 bills, retroactively.  The plan price doesnt include your phone installments, if you got deals on phones those haven’t kicked in yet either. 

Did they make 1 plan or 2?  (2 would be a mistake if you set up 1)

0 Likes
Yu2019
Enthusiast - Level 2

We brought our phone. So there is no installation payment. Let’s put the military discount on the side, just talk about the plan. For 6 lines of Go Unlimited, it should be $240, plus $180, with a total of $420, not $560 still. Do you see the mistake now? 🤦‍♂️

0 Likes
mama23dogs
Legend

Like I wrote, unless they put you on 2 plans, not 1.  

And $240 is after auto pay discount kicks in.  

0 Likes
Yu2019
Enthusiast - Level 2

Exactly, all lines should be under one plan, one bill, not two. However there were three lines activated, three more lines to be activated on 4/15 for some reason, which created two bills of $280 each. Hmmmm.

0 Likes
mama23dogs
Legend

Is that what the bill shows?  

0 Likes
Yu2019
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yes, the first shows $55*3 lines of Go Unlimited plan plus taxes and fees, plus $30*3 lines of activation fees, with a total of $280.89. The next bill doesn’t show breakdown, but it is for 4/15-5/9, for the rest three lines activation fees and plan, with a total of $280. 

After talked to the online Rep, I got $100 credit towards my bill, so I’m paying $210 plus $250. With a total of $460, still over charged me. 

Overall the customer service are great, except the first one who messed up me up. They all tried there best ability to help me.

0 Likes
mama23dogs
Legend

3 line activation, $90

3 line on go unlimited after all discount,  $150

total $240  <— that seems correct.

tyen another 3 activations $90 and an added 3 lines, Average should be less than $150, but Verizon obscures plan prices.  

You will have to ask if they fixed the plan to prorate 4th, 5th and 6th line

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

You always deserve clear and accurate information so that you know what to expect as we want to start off on the right foot. I am confident we can review the current charges and ensure we do put the proper charges in place while offering a clear explanation. I have sent a Direct Message and we will get to the bottom of this.   YaleK_VZW

0 Likes