Re: OnePlus 6T Certified for BYOD
mama23dogs
Legend

To repeat the posts by CSRs:  The phone has no CDMA.  If you don’t have LTE band 13 constantly available, you have no service. 

Download network cell info lite.  As you travel in areas of service, it will show a connection to LTE band 13, possibly the other bands.  Then travel out of the service area, no LTE. 

There is nothing wrong with the phone or Verizon. 

You can return the phone or switch to ATT.  I get VoLTE on ATT postpaid.

0 Likes
JW1988

The phone works fine on my end. I can get full bar reception in areas that are covered by Verizon. It won't work if you switch sim cards yourself, you have to take it to Verizon store to get the phone registered with a new sim card for free.

The problem I have is I live in a sort of dead zone area so I use a network extender when I'm home.

The phone has a problem connecting to the network extender. I tried reseting and even moving to 4 feet distance from the network extender and still no coverage.

Furthermore, wifi calling feature doesn't seem to be enabled with verizon sim card or setup. There is no advanced calling option for wifi calling.

Whose fault is it not enabling wifi call, IONO. I chat will OnePlus and they say I should contact Verizon. I chat with Verizon and called Verizon tech support, they said I should contact OnePlus. I've done this loop 2 times already. How do I enable wifi calling?

From forums, wifi calling seems to have no problem with this phone when it is T-mobile.

0 Likes
JW1988

So far I can call and receive calls in areas with reception, have not tried texting.

0 Likes
mama23dogs
Legend

JW1988 wrote:

The phone works fine on my end. I can get full bar reception in areas that are covered by Verizon. It won't work if you switch sim cards yourself, you have to take it to Verizon store to get the phone registered with a new sim card for free.

Correct, the sim has to be set up for CDMAless cellular (VoLTE only)

The problem I have is I live in a sort of dead zone area so I use a network extender when I'm home.

The phone has a problem connecting to the network extender. I tried reseting and even moving to 4 feet distance from the network extender and still no coverage.  

If the microcell isn’t LTE it wouldn’t work.   You may be able to replace it.

Furthermore, wifi calling feature doesn't seem to be enabled with verizon sim card or setup. There is no advanced calling option for wifi calling.

No surprise.  I have enabled the feature on my 6t by digging into hidden menus on the phone (completely legit, but not a discussion allowed here).  Wifi calling is a carrier feature, but the phone has to be set up. 

Whose fault is it not enabling wifi call, IONO. I chat will OnePlus and they say I should contact Verizon. I chat with Verizon and called Verizon tech support, they said I should contact OnePlus. I've done this loop 2 times already. How do I enable wifi calling?

It may not be possible.   It requires added software to the phone.  At&t still won’t permit non carrier branded phones either. 

From forums, wifi calling seems to have no problem with this phone when it is T-mobile.  Well, it was authorized for T-mo, they are selling it, no surprise.

0 Likes
JW1988

Texting send and receive is working for me.

0 Likes