Moto G5 Plus activation problems
HerbertCooper
Enthusiast - Level 2

Anyone know why there should be a problem activating a Moto G5 Plus on Verizon?  I ordered a Verizon SIM card, but when I attempted to activate it, it said:

"Sorry, your current SIM card doesn't work on our network. Try another SIM card"

The item description is "GEM 4FF NFC SIM"

Any wisdom out there?

TIA

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Moto G5 Plus activation problems
HerbertCooper
Enthusiast - Level 2

Dear VZW support person,

The Moto G5 Plus is, according to your own website, compatible with the Verizon network.  The issue turned out to be that the old phone wasn't turned off.  (This should have been listed in your instructions on how to switch from an old phone to a new phone.)  That's why the error message was generated.  It appears to be working fine now.

Sincerely,

Bert Cooper

View solution in original post

0 Likes
HerbertCooper
Enthusiast - Level 2

... and the answer is, find your spouse's old phone and have her turn it off before trying to activate the new SIM with the reps.  Two seconds, once the rep on the phone told me to turn off both ... works like a charm now.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

It's important you have the right phone to meet your needs, HerbertCooper. The Motorola G5 is not showing as a Verizon device. You can check if your device is compatible here, http://spr.ly/65818aw57.

DanielleR_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
HerbertCooper
Enthusiast - Level 2

Dear VZW support person,

The Moto G5 Plus is, according to your own website, compatible with the Verizon network.  The issue turned out to be that the old phone wasn't turned off.  (This should have been listed in your instructions on how to switch from an old phone to a new phone.)  That's why the error message was generated.  It appears to be working fine now.

Sincerely,

Bert Cooper

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We appreciate you letting us know that it worked out. HerbertCooper. Congratulations on your new G5 Plus! I'll also see to it that the important step of powering off the former device is added to the instructions. We're here for you if you have any other concerns or questions.

GeorgeS_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the “Correct Answer” button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes