Lost $250 over a minor detail
Jsolly
Enthusiast - Level 2

At Christmas time I changed carriers from Sprint to Verizon. We moved over four lines, bought two new iPhones and brought over two iPhones.

The promo going at the time was WINTER250 where we could get $250 visa gift cards per phone that was brought over. AMAZING!

I was able to get one of the gift cards, but the other was denied. The reason for the denial...I changed my phone number about 45 days into the contract. My rebate was invalid because, “You must maintain the line for at least three months”

I called Verizon several times and was transferred to several departments. I must have spent AT LEAST 2 hours on hold (no joke). Eventually, they opened an ‘escalation’ and I was to be notified after two weeks. Two weeks pass and there is no call. I call Verizon to find out and no one EXCEPT the employee who opened the escalation can access the results (talk about silos). The employee isn’t responding to messages and isn’t calling me even though other employees can see that he is scheduled to call me. I end up contacting Verizon another 3-4 times until someone decides to connect me with a manager who is able to see that the escalation was closed with comments that state the rebate could not be fulfilled because the line of service was not maintained for the required number of weeks.

This whole encounter has left a bad taste in my mouth. Oh, and it cost $15 to change my phone number because I did it through their website...but if I had done it through the app, it would have been free.

The ENTIRE point of making sure service is maintained is that people don’t just hop on Verizon for the visa gift cards and leave, right? I am not doing that. I lived out of state for several years and recently moved back to CA so I wanted to change my phone number. All four lines are still going and Verizon gets plenty of money from me every month.

TLDR: I didn’t wait 2 more weeks to change my phone number, so I lost $265.

0 Likes
Re: Lost $250 over a minor detail
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

According to the FAQs, changing your number through your MyVerizon account online is supposed to be free. There is a charge if you called customer service. 

https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/change-mobile-number-faqs/

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Jsolly
Enthusiast - Level 2

Definitely did it through MyVerizon. Unfortunately, arguing about this with Verizon probably isn’t worth my time...but if they want to take a look at this post and credit my account, they can look at the records to see that I never called customer service to change my number.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Jsolly,

We certainly don't want you paying for something you shouldn't be. That's never okay. We're glad to look into these charges but we don't have a way to locate your account based on the information here. I've sent you a private message instead. Please reply to that when you get the chance so we can fully look into this. 

AndrewT_VZW

0 Likes
Jsolly
Enthusiast - Level 2

Just want to share an update that Verizon did refund the extra charges for the phone number change and they did send me the second card. I guess my problem made it to the right person!

Thank you for resolving this Verizon.

Hope all of you have success as well and get your deserved rebates.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Glad to hear that you got the support needed Jsolly. If you need us we are here for you as well! www.vzw.com/support AlbertoR_VZW

0 Likes