Light Phone II - New SIM card, same phone number
newt727
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hello, everyone. I am hoping someone can help me. I have already spent hours talking to Verizon CS and as of this morning, I do not have a working phone. 

Originally, I wanted to use Verizon's number share program between my iPhone and my light phone, but decided that due to other apple products that I have, it wouldn't be worthwhile, so I opted for a new line with a new number for my account - the agent seemed to have gone ahead and done that anyway, creating a new line with a new number for me. 

I recieved the SIM card yesterday, put it in my Light Phone II and here's the thing: 

The Light Phone II is recognizing the new phone number - it is in settings and on my Light Phone Dashboard online, but calls from the Light Phone are coming from my old number... 

When I call my new number on my account, I get an error message "welcome to Verizon Wireless, your call cannot be completed as dialed, please check the number and try again." 

Verizon tried to activate my SIM on their end and then I was getting an error message saying "no command" on my Light Phone II. 

Any ideas what is happening here? I'm not entirely sure the SIM is activated correctly. Verizon CS tried to do it, but also, when I went to Verizon's website to activate it, it is showing my iPhone ONLY and not even letting me click the Light Phone II, though acknowledging it on my account. 

0 Likes