Key2 LE text messages
FIRSTCAPITALONE

Carol_vzw indicated that purchasing a new SIM card from VZW will allow sms text messages to be received by the Key2 LE. Does that apply to MMS messages also? And will a new SIM card allow ALL functions of the phone to be fully operational?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Key2 LE text messages
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader
0 Likes
FIRSTCAPITALONE

Yes, I saw Carol's response, however it only addressed SMS texts, not MMS messages. After Verizon didn't embrace the Key2, and now reading that the LE does not receive SMS text messages unless you buy a new SIM card, I'd be a fool to assume anything. The whole roll-out of the original Key2 with Verizon has been a debacle and I don't want to take any chances. I realize this is not a Verizon-branded phone, however I, and many others, have been frustrated beyond belief with this Key2 situation, and I would just like to know that EVERY critical feature and function will work. I've been waiting for a solution for a long time already.

0 Likes
carol_vzw
Verizon Employee

Hi FIRSTCAPITALONE

Thanks for your post. Can you please share more about the issue with MMS you are observing on the KEY2 LE? We have not heard of this issue. Also if you have a compatible SIM, you should not need to get a replacement - The SIM just needs to be activated/provisioned for the KEY2 LE. We recommend the Activate or Switch path through MyVerizon > "My Devices" but other customer support teams can also activate the device for you. Please just note that swapping an active SIM to a new device without activating the SIM for the new device via MyVerizon or through customer support can lead to issues. Thank you also for your feedback on the roll-out. We are working on improvements to support future launches.

0 Likes
FIRSTCAPITALONE

Carol, I intend to purchase the LE as soon I feel secure there are no more lingering issues with it operating on the Verizon network. My question was only meant to verify that MMS messaging - and in fact, ALL messaging (sending and receiving), not just SMS, are fully functional. If it weren't for the fact that the Key2 rollout was such a disaster, I probably wouldn't even question it. But now, if you are in essence assuring me that the LE is fully functional on Verizon, without any glitches or anomolies, just as if it were a Verizon-branded device, then I will go out and purchase it. I just wish the LE was available through Verizon itself, because then I would know they will stand behind it and offer support. I've been with VZW almost 15 years, and no customer should have to go through this and experience this kind of insecurity and uncertainty.

0 Likes
FIRSTCAPITALONE

I hate to be a pest, but in response to your statement that you do not support this device, I have to admit I'm a little confused and concerned. The Key2 LE was certified that it would work on the Verizon network. Not that some things would work and not other things. I have no doubt that the device was thoroughly tested by VZW's engineers. Otherwise, it wouldn't have been certified. Maybe you're not aware, but there are still lingering questions about MMS functionality (https://forums.crackberry.com/blackberry-key2-le-f474/key2-le-confirmed-work-verizon-1157252/index12... The same kind of questions previously existed about receiving SMS texts, and I accept the fact that it was finally addressed - the fix being to either purchase a new SIM card or have the old one re-provisioned. Now, I'm simply asking that VZW's engineers address the issue of MMS functionality, as they apparently did with SMS functionality (just go to the link above). Given that the device is certified to work on VZW's network, you cannot give such a wishy-washy answer and think it's acceptable. If you value your loyal customers as you say you do, please give the respect of a definitive answer. If you say that your engineers are working on it, that's fine and that's legitimate, but don't come off like nobody knows anything and suggest we should all just sit back and see what happens. Please research this and pass this on to your engineers. I'm not looking for false information just to placate me. I am however looking for someone to be pro-active and address legitimate questions pertaining to a device that was certified to work. If I understand it correctly, it seems like the MMS question is the last remaining issue and I would like to know that it's being researched and that you will advise us appropriately. Thank you.

0 Likes
andreas_vzw
Verizon Employee

I apologize for the conflicting information you have received, FIRSTCAPITALONE. In order for the Key2 LE to function properly on our network, you will need to have a CDMAless feature on the account. Once you have purchased the Key2 LE and you are ready to activate, the CDMAless feature can be provisioned to the line the device is being activated on to ensure service will work properly. I hope this helps address your concerns.

AndreaS_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
FIRSTCAPITALONE

I appreciate your response, but to reiterate...Don't put the on us on the customer that's just looking for a solution. So now that that's out of the way, just to reiterate, are you saying that once I have the CDMAless feature provisioned to the line that the device is activated on, that all features and functions of the Key2 LE will operate as intended, and as it should? I mean, everything? All messaging - SMS and MMS (sending and receiving for both) - as well as everything else that's supposed to operate properly, as if the device were actually sold by Verizon (notwithstanding that it's under your BYOD program)? If so, then this is progress. Just please confirm that this is the case, and we'll be good to go.

Content modified as required by Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

0 Likes
JohnB_VZW
Verizon Employee

I completely understand how important it is to make sure the phone will fully function on our network, FIRSTCAPITALONE. We want you to feel like you can always come to us whenever you have any questions or concerns. We’re always here to help.

The Key2 LE is a non-VZW branded device approved for use on the VZW network through the Open Development (OD) program. As AndreaS_VZW mentioned, only the CDMA-less model can be activated on our network, and we would need to add the CDMA-less provisioning feature on the line it is activated on. This features needs to be added to the line to ensure voice, data and text messaging functionality. Please keep in mind that the KEY2 LE is a Certified Open Market smartphones and it is a non-VZW branded device, but comply with VZW's basic network interoperability requirements.

We are not able to guarantee that all features and functions will work properly on our network, as this phone is not a VZW branded device. The VZW branded billing features that are not supported on Open Development (OD) certified Open Market smartphones include:

Visual Voicemail (VVM)

LTE Video Calling

Enhanced Address Book

VoWiFi

Family Base

Family Locator

I trust this information is helpful.

JohnB_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
FIRSTCAPITALONE

Thank you for your reply and taking the time to explain in one place what nobody else has. The VZW branded billing features you mentioned, which are not supported on Open Development smartphones, are much less important to me than the basic operability of voice, data and text messaging. As you are no doubt aware, there have been many comments all over the internet regarding certain SMS and MMS functionality - all of which, may have finally been addressed by Verizon. I also apologize for some of my previous comments that may have been seen as combative, and even insulting, but it shouldn't have come to that. Customers just want solutions. Nobody is looking to fight with you, and they shouldn't have to. We just want answers to basic concerns. So thank you again for your response. I think I have what I need to make an informed decision, and I will go out and purchase the LE. I wish Verizon would seriously consider working closer with Blackberry and offer this phone (and others) through VZW itself - just like you used to. So thank you again for your time and carefully considered response.

0 Likes