Incompetence Rebate Center
twojmc

I am not a satisfied Verizon Customer.  I have had a serious of mistakes happen which has come to great cost to me.  I switched from Sprint to Verizon in the middle of July 2019.  I brought two phones over from Sprint. I did not buy new ones.  I was given the code SUMMERSWITCH to enter into the Verizon Rebate Center website for a $200 rebate per line by your corporate store.  I was assigned tracking numbers and I was told it would take six weeks to process.  On Sept 3rd I checked my status which had been found invalid.  I called and I spoke to someone at the rebate center.  The  rebate center told me at that time that I had been given the wrong code.  That I should have been given a different code for $150 per line.  The person I spoke to said they would expedite both lines and that my $150 per line would be in the mail in two weeks. On 9/20 I called to confirm that my rebates were coming. The customer service agent assured me that they would both be at my house by 9/27.  I received one rebate on 9/26.  I called back on 9/27.  After several phone calls and long wait holds I finally spoke to a manager in the rebate center.  He told me that one line had been expedited but the other line had never been expedited!  He told me that the second line was in processing.  He fixed it manually and said it would be another 2 weeks!  I feel that in this process I have lost my trust in Verizon.  I was misinformed several times by different employees, who should be reprimanded.  $300 might seem like a small amount to a major company, but for me that is devastating for my budget.  The incompetence of your employees, and the lack of communication between departments is astounding.  If I had any other option I would walk away from the network.

0 Likes
Re: Incompetence Rebate Center
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

twojmc,

Providing you with excellent customer service is the number one priority here at Verizon Wireless. We are concerned to hear that you feel this way about us lately, but we do want to address any concerns you may have as would never want to lose you. I do want to confirm that you will be receiving the second rebate according to our rebate center is that correct? We want to make sure that your original concern is addressed before anything else.

CandiceH_VZW

0 Likes
Melsky
Enthusiast - Level 1

I feel the same as you. Switched in July. Actually got a CSR on 11 Sep. He was polite but totally unable to help me. I stayed on the phone holding while he resubmitted my claim. I got a second rejection 27 Sep. This time waited in queue for 15 minutes to speak to a CSR and then gave up. Went to local store to seek help from the CSR who tricked me into this promise of a rebate after buying a new Samsung 10s with accessories galore, only to be told I needed to update my plan to unlimited to qualify. Funny he didn't mention that in the beginning. I hope you get your rebate. Unless they contact me to fix my issue, I plan to file complaints with the BBB, FTC,  and the AG  of GA, consumer division. Also plan to contact AARP to report as SCAM.

0 Likes
k5federation

I switched from TMobile in November under promotional code PLAYDO300BYOD and brought two lines from TMobile via an online purchase. I spoke to customer service and I was told it typically takes 2 billing cycles before you are able to redeem the $600 ($300x2 lines). 

I have since contacted customer service through the chat option in the app multiple times, spoken to somebody from customer service, stopped into a Verizon store and spoke to a manager who called customer service and I was promised it would be “escalated” and I would be receiving an email within 24-48 hours on how to redeem. 

it has been 2 weeks since they have escalated this issue and I still have received nothing. Every time I have been texting customer service through the chat option they promise me they will resolve the issue...  every time there is a waiting period and they disconnect my chat. 

This has been the absolute worst customer service I have ever received, if this is not resolved I will switch back to TMobile as their customer service was fantastic and extremely responsive. 

I have spent hours upon hours on hold, waiting for responses etc...  I asked the representative today if they can see in the notes all the times I have attempted to get this resolved and contacted Verizon and they responded “yes, I can see here on the account notes. I apologize for the inconvenience this has caused you.”  

I waited fir 20 mts, asked if he was still there and he stated “yes, I’m still here. What I’m doing is looking forward options on how to help you with your rebate.”

15 mts went by and it stated my “conversation with the agent has been closed.”

I am not one to ever write a poor review in a business and try to give people the benefit of the doubt, however this has been so absurd and ridiculous!

0 Likes
KH-OrnEsh
Moderator Emeritus

Due to the age of this thread, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

k5federation, allow me to start by apologizing that you have had to go through all of this. This is definitely not the type of experience we would want for you. I have gone ahead and sent you a Private Note to discuss this further. 

ChristineK_VZW

0 Likes