HTC u11
MJLIVO
Enthusiast - Level 2

I've read over the few U11 discussions that have already been started (and all seemed to be locked now for some reason).  I too am a victim of the HTC U11 and Verizon issue.  Have had the phone for not quite 3 months and returned to the local corporate store now 3 times with no service.  The last time I was quietly told to move along that they could not support this phone.  VERY DISAPPOINTED!!!  Love the phone...ALOT.  Unusable on Verizon's network.  That's a real shame.  Now, I sit here with an old phone AGAIN.  Did I say VERY DISAPPOINTED Verizon????

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: HTC u11
BORN_ZERO
Enthusiast - Level 1

I spent 2 hours at a Verizon store and the couldn't help me, Verizon tech support could not help me, HTC support could not help me.  I went home and called Verizon one more time and it turned out the HD calling option was not turned on in my account settings.  Once it was activated I could make calls.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We understand the importance of having service Mjlivo. We are unable to guarantee service will work on a different device. We can try to do some basic troubleshooting for you. Is it currently activated on your account? Does the phone you have now work with our service?

AmberF_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
MJLIVO
Enthusiast - Level 2

The U11 has worked on Verizon.  But every 3 weeks it loses its connection

to Verizon's network and is unusable.  The typical fix has been to

replace/activate a new SIM card and it works fine for another 3 weeks or

so.  This last time it happened, the local Verizon store basically shoo'd

me away and said they couldn't fix it.  The new SIM does require activation

first (on a Verizon phone) prior to loading into my phone (which makes

absolutely NO sense to me.  I've researched that Verizon should have the

ability to turn off the "CDMA provisioning" of the phone and I have yet to

hear that that was tried.

The phone is currently NOT ACTIVE as the last Verizon technician I talked

with convinced me to go back to my old phone while HTC was troubleshooting

the problem.

Couple of issues I have at this point:

1.  I don't know what HTC can do to fix my particular issue (they were

supposed to call me on Monday and they never did).  Nonetheless, the issue

isn't a ME issue, it's a phone and Verizon issue.  So I'm really not

understanding why HTC wanted to further discuss with me.

2.  I spend the majority of my time on the road and this issue has caused

me to be in the office for the last week...which means I'm not doing the

job I was hired to do.  It's becoming very frustrating.  Am I the only

Verizon user who has a U11?  If so, am I the only one having this issue?

If so, that's a problem because I was told by Verizon AND HTC that this

phone would work on the Verizon network.  And the reality of it is, no, it

does not work.

I would truly appreciate any help that can be given to allow me to use the

phone on Verizon.  If not possible, some type of letter that I can send to

HTC that will allow me to return the phone, get my money back and purchase

a phone that works on Verizon's network would be great right now.

Thank you,

Mike [Removed]

personal information removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

Message edited by Verizon Moderator

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Your frustration is felt, MJLIVO. I wouldn't want to settle for my old phone either. I found that locked thread and wish I had additional insight since that was closed more that a month ago. ( https://community.verizonwireless.com/thread/933240 )

I understand the on-again, off-again nature of your service with this device is far from ideal. Please keep us posted with HTC's reply.

DavidH_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
MJLIVO
Enthusiast - Level 2

So in other words, there is nothing YOU can do to help me either

DavidH_VZW.

Thanks, for nothing,

Mike

On Wed, Aug 30, 2017 at 2:12 PM, vzw_customer_support <

0 Likes
HTCU11
Enthusiast - Level 3

This is NOT HTC's issue. Verizon has intentionally crippled this great device, limiting us to band 13.

0 Likes
HTCU11
Enthusiast - Level 3

You are NOT the only one with this issue. This issue is caused by Verizon, they have restricted bands 2 and 4 to cripple the HTC U11 so that you will be forced to buy a Samsung from Verizon. I have contacted many Verizon reps regarding this issue and it is being kept a big secret. The HTC U11 is part of Verizon's "Bring your own device" program but they have crippled it to only band 13. So when you boot up your phone and it first has to connect to band 2 or 4, it can't, so you get the slash mark through your signal bars and it is unable to connect to band 13. Verizon has done this intentionally and are being very dishonest about it. Verizon makes a ton of money if you are forced to buy devices from them at full retail. It also ensures you are contracted with them for at least 2 years. Everyone needs to be made aware of this scam and we need to contact the Attorney General to file a complaint. This phone is so great it is worth dropping Verizon and switching to T-Mobile or Sprint since they fully support it. If Verizon cared about it's customers they would STOP lying to us and activate bands 2 and 4 for our great HTC U11.

0 Likes
michaelbsheldon
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have an HTC M9 and HTC Ten that all connect on Bands 2,4, and 13. They switch between

those bands frequently.  My U11 however only connects on Band 13 and is slow and occasonally

drop the signal. I've called HTC about this issue, and their reply is that that Bands 2 and 4 are

available on the U11, but not activated by Verizon software. Please can your engineers send out

an OTA that will enable WiFi calling and Bands 2 and 4?

HTCU11
Enthusiast - Level 3

Yes Verizon has intentionally crippled this device and it is effecting a lot of valuable customers We know this issue can be resolved and Verizon is pretending it does not exisy, they are lying to us.

0 Likes
MJLIVO
Enthusiast - Level 2

So at what point is Verizon going to address this issue?  All I see is crickets on this thread, I have no problem leaving Verizon at this point.  Best network??  Huh?? With all the other networks willing to pay my buyout $$$.  This is ridiculous, I left AT&T some time ago because of their shitty support.  I'll go back if need be.  Can SOMEONE from Verizon please give me a solution???  I've now been without my phone for a week.

0 Likes