Essential PH-1 not activating.
bigk9312
Enthusiast - Level 2

I recently purchased the Essential PH-1, and went through the process of getting a plan started and getting a SIM mailed. My first order had some kind of issue, so I called customer service and they canceled the first order and just sent me a SIM card. I installed the SIM card when it arrived, and I get bars, but when I tried to activate online, nothing happened, so I started through the activation process on the phone that automatically popped up when it found the VZW network. I picked a data and voice plan, plugged in all my information, and the phone said it activated.ed on

The issue is that it isn't showing as activated when I call customer support or visit the corporate store. The phone is saying it has a data connection (which is working), but no voice. I've talked to customer service once, and gone to the store once, and no one has been able to help me. I have tried setting the phone cellular settings manually, to no avail. It connects to the towers, and even has data, but no phone, and the listed phone number is 000-000-0000 in the SIM menu. Please help. I want to use Verizon, but this is getting bad. My next try will be Sprint if VZW can't figure it out.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Essential PH-1 not activating.
bigk9312
Enthusiast - Level 2

I wanted to follow up with what ended up working for me. I took my phone to the Verizon store and as per many people's advise, including Customer Support, I had them activate the SIM in another phone, then return it to mine. It did the trick, and the phone is working properly now.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Can you use another phone especially a Verizon Wireless branded device, to verify the SIM card is properly activated?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
bigk9312
Enthusiast - Level 2

I actually do not have another device that would work on Verizon's network to try this. Customer support told me to take the phone to a Verizon store, and have them activate the SIM card in another phone, then transfer it to the PH-1.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Get the SIM card activated in the other phone and verify it works. Then grab the APN information from that phone by writing it down. Once you have the APN, switch the SIM card to the phone you want activated. You might have to adjust the APN.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Spectra

Hopefully this will be some help to you or others. My essential phone arrived today and I had the same problem getting it to activate. I eventually got everything working by applying the essential phone's system updates. You see, verizon was originally not supported. An system update was released to allow the compatibility but the phone does not ship with verizon compatibility. You have to apply the system update for it to work.

0 Likes
bigk9312
Enthusiast - Level 2

I wanted to follow up with what ended up working for me. I took my phone to the Verizon store and as per many people's advise, including Customer Support, I had them activate the SIM in another phone, then return it to mine. It did the trick, and the phone is working properly now.

0 Likes
tylerk_vzw
Verizon Employee

That's wonderful to hear. I'm happy this method worked out for you. If you need anything further, please message us again.

0 Likes