BYOD-UPGRADE
Will228

I have been a customer for about a week and would like to upgrade my phone. I tried it online and it is making me pay full price for the device. Is this normal? I dont believe Verizon did a credit check on me, I dont see it showing up on my credit report, I was told it would of been a hard inquiry on it. 

0 Likes
Re: BYOD-UPGRADE
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

How did you become a VZW customer a week ago? 

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Will228

Verizon sent me a sim in the mail. I have an unlocked Samsung Galaxy S-7.

0 Likes
rempson
Contributor - Level 1

Often the reduced prices on new phones state "new line only".   Once you are an existing customer, the upgrade specials are often determined by your length of service.    You could contact customer service to see if you qualify as you are a 'new customer'.

As for the credit check, they do a credit check when you set up a new account and that determines if you ned a deposit on the account itself and does not reflect for new phone purchases.   To determine eligibility for specials and payment plans for phones, they run a soft check and it is based on how long you have been a customer and how well you pay your bill.  

0 Likes