Asus rog phone 2
Endofyte
Enthusiast - Level 1

This phone is now available for purchase and shipping on the 30th of this month. Any idea if this will work on verizon? There are some compatible bands especially 13 shown to work on this phone. Any idea would be greatly appreciated .

Re: Asus rog phone 2
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want to ensure that you have the right device for your wireless needs, Endofyte. In order to ensure a specific device is compatible with the Verizon Wireless network, please use the following link: http://spr.ly/66001Ba32

ChrisM_VZW

0 Likes
Mooncatt
Enthusiast - Level 2

There's a couple of people on XDA with it working as data only on Verizon. The phone activates for data without issue, so one is using Google Voice for calls and texts. The other is trying to get it manually activated for calls and texts through the mobile network. So fingers crossed.

pfahd

Asus Rog Phone 2 uses gsm network is not compatible with Verizon cdma network.

0 Likes
mama23dogs
Legend

@pfahd wrote:

Asus Rog Phone 2 uses gsm network is not compatible with Verizon cdma network.

By the end of this year there will be no CDMA network. That is not the issue It's not getting voice calls because Verizon has not certified the phone for CDMA-less operation, even though it has a compatible band 13 for LTE. I assume they are excluding or including phones by there Imei/ESN.  

0 Likes
Mooncatt
Enthusiast - Level 2

It's not a Verizon issue, it's all on Asus's end. They are refusing to certify it for VoLTE in the U.S. That means it won't work on any carrier once they shut down their 2G and 3G networks in the next couple years. Asus basically released a phone that's obsolete by design.

ALIKAI09
Enthusiast - Level 1

Obivously we want verification of support before buying the phone!! Can't provode an IMEI for a phone I don't have....

mama23dogs
Legend

@ALIKAI09 wrote:

Obivously we want verification of support before buying the phone!! Can't provode an IMEI for a phone I don't have....

You don't need an IMEI.  Verizon does provide a list, and the ROG 2 isn't on it.  As @Mooncatt  wrote, Asus wouldn't pay for certification.    You can always try a phone with correct specs, but it may prove a costly mistake.

0 Likes
UWZEROKOOL
Contributor - Level 1

No. When the ROG 1 came out, I took it all the way up to the CEO of Verizon and followed up with him 3 months later. They tried to get Asus to work with them to make the software update for the phone to work on the verizon network (the phone is capable it just needs the software), but Asus refused to work with them. It certainly put a bad taste in my mouth about Asus. 

I honestly don't understand why they would leave out the bigger networks. To me it's a huge profit loss. But it is what it is.

0 Likes
mama23dogs
Legend

Verizon makes them pay.  Can't blame Asus for not paying what amounts to extortion.