updated to 5.0 and also unable to charge phone
kc_2277

I also updated to the 5.0 and am unable to charge my storm. i have taken the battery out several times to allow for reboot without success. Has anyone having this issue found a successful resolution?

Labels (1)
Tags (3)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: updated to 5.0 and also unable to charge phone
mikedamirault
Contributor - Level 3

kc_2277 wrote:

No I don't see the lightening bolt. I am  using the charger that came with phone. I have also tried the car charger, docking station , and USB port by computer as well. It appears as though the USB port on my phone has been deactivated

It looks as though you may have to take it into Verizon and possibly have it replaced

View solution in original post

0 Likes
StreetDocRN
Champion - Level 1

kc_2277 wrote:

I also updated to the 5.0 and am unable to charge my storm. i have taken the battery out several times to allow for reboot without success. Has anyone having this issue found a successful resolution?

KC,

When you plug your Storm up to the charger, does the little lightning bold show where the battery bars are located? 

Doc

0 Likes
mikedamirault
Contributor - Level 3

kc_2277 wrote:

What are you using to charge your Storm? 

If you are using the charger your Storm came with, look for the lightning bolt symbol on the battery indicator like StreetDoc said, if there is no lightning bolt, it could be a problem with the charger, or the new update just isn't detecting the charger being plugged in, if you are getting the lightning bolt, but it's not showing any progress, first start by waiting a little longer (give it about an hour to charge), and if you still see no change, it could be that it's not letting the battery charge as it should for some reason (either hardware or update related)

If you are using a computer or other USB source to charge from, did you get a message saying anything about the USB port being underpowered?  The new 5.0 update put a charging block for everything except the approved charger to prevent underpowered sources (like most USB ports) from charging the blackberry, just hit OK on all the messages and let the phone sit, eventually it will allow the charge

0 Likes
kc_2277

No I don't see the lightening bolt. I am  using the charger that came with phone. I have also tried the car charger, docking station , and USB port by computer as well. It appears as though the USB port on my phone has been deactivated

0 Likes
mikedamirault
Contributor - Level 3

kc_2277 wrote:

It looks as though you may have to take it into Verizon and possibly have it replaced

0 Likes
StreetDocRN
Champion - Level 1

Hi,

I agree with Mike, you need to have your phone replaced.  There is obviously something wrong with the charging port.  Sorry I could not help you any further.

Doc

0 Likes
kc_2277

I have sadly  come to that conclusion as well....but I  thank  everyone who has responded and attempted to help!

0 Likes
SFObrien
Contributor - Level 3

After updating to 5.0 I had to change my mass storage device settings to "prompt" before it would charge via USB.  Longshot here but give it a shot.

0 Likes
mln1523

Mine does the same thing. When I hook it to a gfc wall outlet, I make sure it is one of the main outlets such as one with a reset. When I plug it in my truck, I make sure it is the main cigarette plug. When I hook to my computer, I make sure it is plugged in with the battery in computer also.

0 Likes
DGoebel

Have tried switching Mass Storage mode settings, and I still get the "The Charging source connected to your Blackberry device cannot charge your battery." Error message, even though I'm using my original BB Charger.

My wife's Storm has the same updated firmware and uses the same settings as mine, hers charges fine. I've used both of our original BB chargers plugged into the same outlets on both phones, hers charges everytime.

0 Likes