unlocking blackberry storm 2
teesha25

does anyone know how to unlock a blackberry storm 2?

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Likes
Re: unlocking blackberry storm 2
StreetDocRN
Champion - Level 1

Hi,

You would need to get in touch with a company that can do that for you.  Here is some interesting information about unlocking a Blackberry at Crackberry in their forums at http://forums.crackberry.com/f157/unlocked-blackberry-storm2-9520-a-346089/

Hope that helps.

Doc

0 Likes
teesha25

thank you...do you know if it cost at all? i dont really have money like that.

0 Likes
StreetDocRN
Champion - Level 1

teesha25 wrote:

thank you...do you know if it cost at all? i dont really have money like that.

Hi,

Oh, yes, there is a fee.  Most places charge anywhere from $25 to $50 dollars for an unlocking code.  Just remember, if you unlock a phone, say, a Blackberry Storm 2 which is a CDMA phone, you will still have to use it on another CDMA carrier, such as Sprint.  The companies that unlock those devices will let you know for sure.

Doc

0 Likes
teesha25

so if i call verizon customer service they would charge me a fee? i have t-mobile service but i have a verizon blackberry storm 2 that i am needing to be unlocked so i can use it with my t-mobile service. i once had an at&t phone that i had unlocked and all i did was called the at&t customer service line and they unlocked it for me for free. so is there a difference?

0 Likes
TheGreatOne
Master - Level 1

teesha25 wrote:

so if i call verizon customer service they would charge me a fee? i have t-mobile service but i have a verizon blackberry storm 2 that i am needing to be unlocked so i can use it with my t-mobile service. i once had an at&t phone that i had unlocked and all i did was called the at&t customer service line and they unlocked it for me for free. so is there a difference?

I don't think Verizon unlocks their phones. You would need to find a way to flash/unlock it yourself. Other 3rd party companies do provide unlock codes for phones.It is possible to flash a phone over to another network.

You cannot use a CDMA phone on T-mobile. All of Verizon phones run on CDMA network. T-mobile runs on GSM network. The device is incompatible for T-mobile. Even if the phone is unlocked it would never work. You need a phone that runs strictly on GSM network in order for it to run on T-mobile. AT&T's phone run on GSM network so of course those phones would work on T-mobile if unlocked.

0 Likes
antony93

This can be easily unlocked using the codes.Once you get the unlocking code, follow the unlocking instructions here http://www.mobileunlockguide.com/blackberry-storm-2   .This will help you to unlock your mobile easily.

Be Careful.  While our members are generally helpful and eager to provide useful information, be advised that Verizon has no obligation to monitor these linked sites, and is not responsible for them. Accessing any such linked sites is done entirely at the user's own risk.

Thank you

0 Likes
ryanfrost123

Search internet for mobile phone unlocking websites. You will come across a thousand websites who can do this. Choose which ever you like. Do look for price comparisons and the unlocking instructions. 
Recheck the Model number- Network to which your phone is locked to and the IMEI number before placing an order. If you made any mistakes in these details these people will never give you a refund!! 
One more thing, before placing an order ask them about the conditions for getting a full refund in the case of a code failure! Think and make a wise decision. 

I have personally bought the code for my Blackberry Storm from unlockgenie.com. It is because they have good reviews on most of the mobile phone forums. I got my phone unlocked successfully from that website. I think their codes don't fail. The web link for the above mentioned web site is http://unlockgenie.com/

0 Likes
all_around

First, I think this is a late response but I thought I should share. Some smartphones, such as the Storm II, are capable of operating under two different networks: CDMA and GSM. Verizon Wireless Global Team will be able to unlock your phone over the phone (make sure to call from a landline) by providing you with easy to follow steps. You may need to meet some criteria to move forward with the unlocking process such as good payment history, decent tenure with VZW, etc.

You will also receive an email about Global usage as a result of VZW unlocking your phone. Please note that you can only, according to VZW, unlock up to two GSM-capable phones per 10 months. I've recently had my Storm II unlocked via the VZW Global Team. I was able to use insert my AT&T sim card and use the phone under the AT&T plan. You will need to set your phone network to GSM to use such GSM service provided by AT&T or T-Mobile. I believe the default settings are Global. The phone needs to know which network to operate under as you have intentions to use a GSM network.

One caveat to this is that all your browser and email settings are configured for the VZW network. I have not researched the ability to apply other network configuration to the phone itself as I don't have a need for such action. As I mentioned, you will be able to use your GSM service for voice and messaging.

I hope this helps.

0 Likes