trackpad makes cursor jump
jingles66

i really liked my bb curve 9330, but the past 2 days the trackpad has been really jumpy.  it happened after i upgraded my facebook app.  if i try to browse the internet, i can't scroll because the screen jumps to the top.  if i try to text, the cursor jumps to the top.  if i try to select an option on the main menu, the selected icon jumps to the one above.  it's very frustrating.  i've tried changing the sensitivity of the track pad, and that hasn't worked.  i tried pulling and replacing the battery too and still no luck.  is this a problem that anyone else has?  the only thing i can do is make and receive calls because it doesn't involve the trackpad.  if i was using my contact list and it kept calling the wrong people, then that would be an issue too...

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: trackpad makes cursor jump
SydneyK
Master - Level 3

Which OS are you running? I've seen posts about the trackpad being jumpy with Opera Mini too. I wonder if your Facebook update is not playing nice with the OS you're on.

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader
You said it happened after you upgraded the Facebook app - have you tried deleting the FB app to see if that fixes it?

The trackpad WAS jumpy on my Bold with one of the versions of Opera Mini - recently upgraded to a new version (6.0) and it's much better, even usable!
0 Likes
StreetDocRN
Champion - Level 1

Hi,

Try a battery pull to see if things get back to normal.  Pull the battery out for about a minute and then put it back, allowing the device to reboot.

Doc

0 Likes
jingles66

i'm using OS6....i tried deleting and reinstalling facebook and it's working a little better.  the trackpad is still a little jumpy.  i also tried the battery pull, but that didn't work.  i works much better if i'm in an area that isn't lit very well.  if i'm in a bright room, it's horrible!

0 Likes
AraceliT_VZW
Contributor - Level 3

Thank you for your replies. When you removed the FaceBook application, did the phone work without having the trackpad jumpy? Also, are you using Opera Mini? If so, try removing it and see if your trackpad is still jumpy. 

Thank you, 

AraceliT_VZWSupport

Follow us on Twitter - @VZWSupport

0 Likes
jingles66

Thanks, I'm not using Opera Mini.  Also, deleting and reinstalling the Facebook app didn't help either....:smileysad:

0 Likes
vanessas_vzw
Verizon Employee

Hi.

What version of the BlackBerry OS are you using?  If you have upgraded to 6.0, you may be better off downgrading back to the 5.0.  Below I have provided you with steps to do so.

Thank you,

0 Likes
jingles66

Thx all...the phone is barely usable now.  The trackpad is so jumpy now that I can't select anything anymore (when I think i have an icon properly selected, just as i'm clicking on it, it jumps to the selection above it....i can't even scroll down to the bottom of a selection list anymore)  I'm going to get rid of the phone....it took me 3 hours to try to delete my personal info on the phone....i was ready to fire the phone across the room a few times...:smileysad:

0 Likes
AraceliT_VZW
Contributor - Level 3

Sorry about your issue. Please send us a personal message with your account and contact information so that we can further assist you. 

Thank you,

AraceliT_VZWSupport

0 Likes