taking verizon to court
marknothing
does anyone know if we can take verizon to court for an improperly working phone? my girlfriend and i have the blackberry storm. one week after she got hers, it would reset itself five or six times a day. mine worked fine. we took hers to verizon and they replaced it for free because we were still in the thirty day trial period. hers worked for a while after the replacement. after our thirty day trial period, both of our phones started to reset. not only would hers reset, it would also freeze. mine worked for fine, except for the resetting. then mine started freezing up. we took our phones to customer service. they said the only permanent fix would be the update coming out at the end of the month. mind you, this was in april. it's now almost june, and still no update. still, our phones are screwed up. we can spend fifty dollars and send our phones in for replacement through our insurance, but as long as the update is unavailable, who's to say it's not fifty dollars wasted? is there any way to take verizon to court for phones that don't work? yes, we could get new phones, but we signed a contract for the blackberry storm and services. the only way we can now get new phones is either pay the full retail price for new phones or wait, what? two weeks, plus two weeks, plus however many weeks it takes to get the update? could anyone help with this issue and let me know if we could take verizon to court for false advertisement and claims about the storm?
Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: taking verizon to court
EVO_Unlimited
Contributor - Level 2
I second what seabright said. I plan on switching to AT&T and getting the iphone. I love VZW and the storm has a lot of great potential, however, I have had an iphone in the past, and I just like it more. So, i'll be paying my ETF and selling the my Storm.
0 Likes
Re: taking Verizon to court
seabright
Contributor - Level 1

mretrade wrote:

Look at the BB Pearl, it has a big memory problem where you loose emails etc..... Verizon wouldn't correct the known problem by switching customers to the Curve.

That was not a flaw with the Pearl, just the way Blackberries work. When there is no longer enough memory for the system to operate it deletes old information in a very systematic fashion. I do believe VZW dropped the ball in not educating customers. Generally, the whole problem goes away if you don't try to keep months worth of email on the Pearl and save photos, etc to a memory card. My work phone is a Pearl.

0 Likes
AzCellUser
I just read the other day that AT&T/Cingular were involved in a class action suit against them when they merged.  They required the Cingular customers to purchase new phones that would work on the AT&T network at full price.  There were some other issues involved also.  The judge ruled in favor of the suit and is allowing it to litigation.  This has been ongoing for 2 or 3 years though.  So, yes you can sue (class action is the best way to go), and yes it will take a long time.  This upgrade from VZW should resolve all of your Storm problems though.
0 Likes
SnowStorm
This is a easy one. You are asking for legal advice call a lawyer. I don't think people that own cell phones and belong to a forum qualify for giving legal advice.
0 Likes
BlackBerry_i812

I agree with SnowStorm..

Public Forums are not the Place for Legal advice..

I Have a sister that is a Lawyer,

she once told me years ago..

1.) First, always try to resolve the Product Complaint with the Seller,

If they offer to Repair or Replace the Item.. that is your best solution..

2.) Lawyers don't work for free, my Sister charges $300.00 per hour..  :smileysurprised:

Good Luck..

0 Likes
dave1812
Contributor - Level 1
Seems to me the best thing to have done was return the phone before the 30 days is up.  That' what I did.  When the OS is sorted out to my satisfaction, I'll rebuy.  Simple.
0 Likes