synching emails on Blackberry Tour
sailfit

I just got the Tour a few days agao and when I talked to thte CSR it seemed like the answer to my business needs. I really do lik eit, but I was told I would be able to synch emails with outlook. specifically replies I sent to emails on my BB. aside from CC ing myself does anyone have any options. I have read there is a way to do this if I synch my outlook to google and then my BB to Google.

Any ideas would be very appreciated. I have to say after reading the forums I am a bit scared. Before I got a BB I heard people rave about them, now all i am seeing are problems.... I'm going to stick with the idea that this is going to be just the most amazing little thing I have ever owned.... that is if I can get this email thing figured out!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: synching emails on Blackberry Tour
Michele-VzW
Contributor - Level 2

So if what you are saying is that you want your outlook email to come to your Tour, you can do this.

You must use the synchronization tool of the BlackBerry® Desktop Manager to reconcile email messages in personal folders. For more information, see the

BlackBerry Desktop Software Online Help

0 Likes
StreetDocRN
Champion - Level 1

Hey,

If I understand you, you want a copy of every email you send on your Blackberry to automatically send a copy to you (to another specified email address).  This is autoBCC.  That can be done by pressing Menu>Email Settings>

This gets you to your Blackberry Internet Service email accounts.  Select the email account you want to edit and press the trackball.  Click Edit.  Scroll down to AutoBCC and type the email address you want to sent email to automatically.  Select Save and exit.  There you go.

Doc

0 Likes
sailfit

Thanks Doc and Michelle.

Michelle- The reconsile email tab is shadded out on my desktop manager and was told that the only way to get that to work is if I'm using a BES.

Doc- THat sounds like my best option so far. I need to be able to track my replies to customers and although I would just like it to appear in my outlook sent folders when I am done sending(wishful thinking I think) I could just Bcc it back to my self. Will that work if it is the same email address. I mean it was sent to me@mydomain and I am Bcc it to me @mydomain.

THank so much for the help!

Meka

0 Likes
StreetDocRN
Champion - Level 1

Hi,

It should work fine.  Try it for a day and see if it works like you want.  If it does not, go back and reverse it.  Let me know how it works.

Doc

0 Likes
Michele-VzW
Contributor - Level 2

Awesome!  Thanks Doc that was very insightful!!  Please keep us posted if this is a suitable work around and make sure to mark the solution from Doc if in fact it is.

Thanks for the back and forth this is the type of conversations that keep the forum interesting!

0 Likes
icrikeu77

I purchased the new Blackberry Tour and it is a really cool phone.  However when I put the CD in my computer to download the applications for syncing my Outlook Calendar ETC, only a gray screen pops up and it shows a box "inititalizating"  and goes no further.  It seems to lock up. Anyone else having this problem? Can I download the info of a website?

0 Likes
Jeff_in_TN
Enthusiast - Level 3

The desktop software can be downloaded from the BB website at the link below.

http://na.blackberry.com/eng/services/desktop/

0 Likes
icrikeu77

Cool. Thanks Jeff

0 Likes