"Error backing up database(s)." - When backing up Messages
Walkman
Enthusiast - Level 2

I've had my Storm for about two weeks now and have yet to be able to backup the device with respect to my messages.  I receive the error message "Error backing up database(s)."  I am attempting to backup the device with the Blackberry Desktop Manager using the Backup feature and it errors out when it gets to messages.  I attempted to use the Advance feature to select one by one all of the databases and it does everyone fine except messages.  I've tried clearing the cache, pushed content, and history of the browser; and I did numerous battery pulls.  I've tried to clear out most of my messages on my phone, with now only having 20 that I did not want to delete.  I've tried different versions of DM.  Nothing seems to resolve this problem.  I need some other suggestions PLEASE.  Any suggestions/recommendations are extremely appreciated.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: "Error backing up database(s)." - When backing up Messages
Walkman
Enthusiast - Level 2
I was able to get the backup to work after I deleted all messages on my phone. :smileysad: Anyway, thanks for the help. I did not get it to work without losing my messages, BUT IT WORKS! Thanks.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
EarthUnderSky
Contributor - Level 2

Hello Walkman.

Well it kind of sounds like you found your own solution. When you stated that you went into the advanced feature and saved one by one and the stated that you could not backup the selected messages, sounds like one of the messages or maybe more than one of the messages has a format that the backup assistant doesn't recognize. I'd bet if your in the advanced feature again and select everything to save except for the messages, you would get a complete backup of your device minus the messages.

Let me ask this....Does some of the messages you want to save include pictures say like an MMS? 

PM me if you need more assistance..

Regards, Michael 

0 Likes
Walkman
Enthusiast - Level 2
First - Thanks for responding!!!! Yes I can get a complete backup minus the messages.  I scroll through the messages and yes some contain attached pictures but no MMS's, just my email messages.
0 Likes
EarthUnderSky
Contributor - Level 2

Hey Walkman,

So theoretically, you have a true backup of your device. Just FYI....When VZW pushes the new MR2 Operating System this weekend as projected, your device may have an issue installing due to the errors you are encountering now. See, how the install goes is that your device wants to backup itself as well and if you are experiencing errors then so will your device.

-Good Luck-

Regards, Michael 

Message Edited by EarthUnderSky on 05-29-2009 09:41 AM
0 Likes
Walkman
Enthusiast - Level 2
Okay - Thanks for the help.  By the way, what is this "new MR2 Operating System."  Is this a new OS for the Storm that everyone is buzzing about?  If not, the what is this new OS?  Again, thanks.
0 Likes
EarthUnderSky
Contributor - Level 2

Yeah, Check it out...Here's a link.

http://community.vzw.com/vrzn/board/message?board.id=BlackBerry&thread.id=1833

C-ya

Michael 

0 Likes
Walkman
Enthusiast - Level 2
I was able to get the backup to work after I deleted all messages on my phone. :smileysad: Anyway, thanks for the help. I did not get it to work without losing my messages, BUT IT WORKS! Thanks.
0 Likes