pearl 8130 with blank white screen-phone works though
benzero
Enthusiast - Level 2
This is really strange and I'm not sure where to go with this.  My wife's 8130 has a plain white screen, no icon, no nothing.  She turned it on yesterday morning and nothing came up but this white screen.  We tried battery pulls with no changes.  It does, however, vibrate when she gets a call or a text.  The LED lights up as well.  So, she can't call out since she can't see who she's calling, but she can recieve calls.  Is this typically a software or hardware issue?  Would something like this be covered under warranty?  Has anyone else had this problem?  To me it would sound like a broken screen if it was black and not white...so there's where I am confused.  Anyone have any suggestions?
Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: pearl 8130 with blank white screen-phone works though
benzero
Enthusiast - Level 2

well, just got off the phone with Lisa from Verizon.  Seems to be a hardware issue and she said that it's basically done for.  Good news is that it was under warranty so they are sending us a replacement phone...which I will definitely be getting insurance on in case anything like this happens again, or worse.  I realize with a 3 year old that this is definitely going to be a must  for us.  I just dread her dropping mine in the toilet or something.   So, it worked out and I'm a huge Verizon fan now. 

Now let's just pray that this doesn't happen to mine now.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
hazex00110
as long as there is not physical damage and the phone is within 12 months of purchase it shoudl definitely be covered under warranty. a complete handset wipe would be recommended but you can't see the screen. I would give Verizon Wireless a call and see about doing some trouble shooting and then get it replaced.
0 Likes
benzero
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have read that about the physical damage part.  How would I even know if it has physical damage if it's on the inside?  Do you just mean does it look physically damaged?  I am planning to call them later today anyway, so I guess I can find out. 

But no, it has never been wet or broken or anything.

0 Likes
benzero
Enthusiast - Level 2
...and I just thought of something else.  We actually purchased this from Alltel before the merger.  Will that have any ill effects?
0 Likes
benzero
Enthusiast - Level 2

well, just got off the phone with Lisa from Verizon.  Seems to be a hardware issue and she said that it's basically done for.  Good news is that it was under warranty so they are sending us a replacement phone...which I will definitely be getting insurance on in case anything like this happens again, or worse.  I realize with a 3 year old that this is definitely going to be a must  for us.  I just dread her dropping mine in the toilet or something.   So, it worked out and I'm a huge Verizon fan now. 

Now let's just pray that this doesn't happen to mine now.

0 Likes