not sure how to go about this!
jackad23

Ok, so currently we have 2 regular wireless phone lines with just the minimum capabilites...I would like for us both to move in to the world of blackberrys....does anyone know how to go about this? ie: do we have to wait until our contracts are up on our regular phones? what's the best blackberry? anything at all would be very helpful! Thanks.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: not sure how to go about this!
StreetDocRN
Champion - Level 1

Hi,

If you have never had a smartphone device, there are several things to keep in mind.  Here is what you need to know about switching plans to accomodate Blackberry phones.  First, decide how many phones you want on your plan.  I see you will have 2 Blackberry devices.  A family plan is the cheapest route.  Next, decide if you want text messaging or not.  If you do, select the Nationwide Family SELECT plan.  The difference between the BASIC family plan is that the Select has unlimited text, picture, and video messaging.  You do not want the Premium plan.  That is for non-smartphones for unlimited data.  I will explain more in a second.  So, now you have the Nationwide Family Select Plan.  Now, decide which phones you want.  No matter which Blackberry phones you pick, each phone will require it's own Blackberry DATA plan for $29.99.  These data plans are different than the normal data plans you see with non-smartphones.  These are the Blackberry Internet Service.  This provides you with up to 10 email addresses on each phone, with email pushed to your device.  It also provides you with unlimited web browsing on the internet and unlimited data for instant messaging.  These data plans are not optional, they are required before you can use a Blackberry device.  All of the Wireless phone providors require a seperate data plan.  Some say Sprint does not, but it is figured into the "everything" plan they offer. 

That is pretty much it for getting a Blackberry device.  I have a family select 1400 minute plan with 3 Blackberry phones and my final bill is about $220 per month.  Obviously, yours will be less due to the fact you will have 2 phones.  As far as switching plans, you can switch plans any time you want.  The only problem might be that you do not qualify yet for a discounted price on the phones.  Maybe if you call and speak with one of the Customer Service supervisors, talk sweet to them, they might give you the discounted price.  Keep in mind, they make money on how much they sell, they may be needing to make a quota.  I hope this helped you make your decision.

Doc

0 Likes
SureTypeBandit
Enthusiast - Level 3

StreetDocRN wrote:

Hi,

If you have never had a smartphone device, there are several things to keep in mind.  Here is what you need to know about switching plans to accomodate Blackberry phones.  First, decide how many phones you want on your plan.  I see you will have 2 Blackberry devices.  A family plan is the cheapest route.  Next, decide if you want text messaging or not.  If you do, select the Nationwide Family SELECT plan.  The difference between the BASIC family plan is that the Select has unlimited text, picture, and video messaging.  You do not want the Premium plan.  That is for non-smartphones for unlimited data.  I will explain more in a second.  So, now you have the Nationwide Family Select Plan.  Now, decide which phones you want.  No matter which Blackberry phones you pick, each phone will require it's own Blackberry DATA plan for $29.99.  These data plans are different than the normal data plans you see with non-smartphones.  These are the Blackberry Internet Service.  This provides you with up to 10 email addresses on each phone, with email pushed to your device.  It also provides you with unlimited web browsing on the internet and unlimited data for instant messaging.  These data plans are not optional, they are required before you can use a Blackberry device.  All of the Wireless phone providors require a seperate data plan.  Some say Sprint does not, but it is figured into the "everything" plan they offer. 

That is pretty much it for getting a Blackberry device.  I have a family select 1400 minute plan with 3 Blackberry phones and my final bill is about $220 per month.  Obviously, yours will be less due to the fact you will have 2 phones.  As far as switching plans, you can switch plans any time you want.  The only problem might be that you do not qualify yet for a discounted price on the phones.  Maybe if you call and speak with one of the Customer Service supervisors, talk sweet to them, they might give you the discounted price.  Keep in mind, they make money on how much they sell, they may be needing to make a quota.  I hope this helped you make your decision.

Doc

well put Doc!!

0 Likes
StreetDocRN
Champion - Level 1

Yea...I've had too much coffee tonight...

Doc

0 Likes