lylmykee

my tracking pad is pealing anyone having the same problem

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: my tracking pad is pealing,anyone having the same problem
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

Mine too - it doesn't seem to be affecting the function, but it is noticeable and my finger "catches" the edge and I can feel and see where the shiny coat is coming off.  I have the Bold 9650.

0 Likes
B33
Legend

@lylmykee an @SusyQ:  There are replacement track pads for your BB 9650 Here's the link to one of the Online Companies that have them B33 Take a look at this site an see if has what you Need: Hope it helps you out..

http://www.everything4blackberry.com/oem-original-blackberry-bold-9650-trackpad-trackball-replacemen...

0 Likes
lylmykee

thanks ,i`ll check it out..

0 Likes
B33
Legend

Your Welcome.. You might try Amazon or CrackBerry .com as they Might have them as well

http://crackberry.com/

0 Likes
SoccerRef
Contributor - Level 3

The 9650 is shipped with several small pieces of protective plastic of many of the surfaces, including the track pad. Have you already removed that small piece of plastic or is it now peeling off?

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

No, it's not the protective plastic, it's more like a coat of clear nail

polish that is chipping off. I'd probably do more damage trying to remove

what's left than just letting it chip off as time goes on. It doesn't seem

to affect the function, but then, most of the clear coat is still on. The

top edge and corners are what has worn away.

0 Likes
StreetDocRN
Champion - Level 1

Hey, all,

My wife and I both have Bold 9650s and I noticed this on her device.  I have not had it happen to mine...yet.  I have also noticed on her device, some of the paint on a few keys has worn away.  I do know that she played games with her device and used the trackpad and space key a lot, so that probably accounts for the worn paint.  I don't play a lot of games on mine, so I guess that is why mine has not worn as much. 

Doc

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

The issue of the paint on the letters wearing off has been brought up before.  Seems to happen to women more than men,and was thought to be due to the hand lotion used, and in one case, the gal was typing with her nail rather than the finger tip, so it was physically chipping the paint. 

I haven't had any paint chip away, everything on the keypad is still visible, but the trackpad is noticeably worn.  I wonder if the 9930 Bold with the touchscreen fares any better, since it would eliminate some of the trackpad use?

0 Likes