messages vs. email
TechnoIdiot

Is there a way to have my Messages box NOT bring in my two email accounts?  I'd prefer to have it just pick up texts, etc.  Also, I don't know how or why, but both my yahoo box and my message box show that I have one unread mail/message, but I have read all of the messages.  Is there a way to clear that flag without deleting EVERYthing?  It's a Curve 8830.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: messages vs. email
cgbb
Enthusiast - Level 3

If your not already aware of this you can separate your emails and text by doing this:

Select messages

Select the blackberry menu button

Select Options

Select General Options

Scroll down to "SMS and Email Inboxes"

Click trackball

Select "Separate"

Press BB Menu key and select  "Save"

This should bring up a new icon/folder on your home screen just for "SMS and MMS" which will funnel all your texts into and keep your emails in the messages folder.

Hope this helps

0 Likes
Re: messages vs. email
TechnoIdiot

Thanks, and I did that.  It seems to have separated out the text messages from email; however, in addition to the SMS And MMS icon, the Yahoo Mail icon, the Knology icon and the GMail icon, there is a Messages icon on my screen.  It has everything in it - SMS, Yahoo, and Gmail.  I have all three email accounts shown as 'separate' but that Message icon loads it all.  Can I remove it or something? I just hid it, but I'm afraid it's going to just continue to load stuff and get too big and crash or something.  Will it?

0 Likes