how do i delete the verizon cloud that installed itself and won't work on my Q10?
mdparkhill

Verizon pushed down software updates and installed Verizon cloud which I find out is not supported for my phone.  now I need to delete the junk and get my backup plus restored.

Any ideas?

mike

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: how do i delete the verizon cloud that installed itself and won't work on my Q10?
rtiffin
Contributor - Level 3

go to your setup area and under applications.. find the one you are looking for and you should see options to edit , update or delete...

hope that helps

but also while in this area,, go to your My Verizon and look at the features section and see if it is there and remove it from your services too..

Robie

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: how do i delete the verizon cloud that installed itself and won't work on my Q10?
rtiffin
Contributor - Level 3

go to your setup area and under applications.. find the one you are looking for and you should see options to edit , update or delete...

hope that helps

but also while in this area,, go to your My Verizon and look at the features section and see if it is there and remove it from your services too..

Robie

0 Likes
rtiffin
Contributor - Level 3

Mike please advise if you  were able to remove this product .. also thank you , your question had my checking my phone to see if I had programs on my Blackberry that I wasn't aware of.. hope you were able to find the area needed..

Ms Robie

0 Likes
Cupcakesmama
Enthusiast - Level 1

I'm in the same boat, Mike.  Were you able to reinstall the old Backup Assistant?  I've also made several attempts to backup using the Cloud but am unsuccessful.  I'm able to uninstall the cloud but can not find the back up assistant app anywhere to reinstall.  VERIZON.... any ideas? 

HLake
Enthusiast - Level 3

I'm thinking about purchasing a Q10.  Is your phone working at this point?  Do you like it? 

I was going to purchase the new Classic but don't like the non-removable battery.  I first wanted to buy the Passport.  It is, of course, not available from Verizon but does have the non-removable battery problem as well. 

Any opinion about this non-removable battery issue. 

rtiffin
Contributor - Level 3

it is beginning to look let a few newer phone will come that way.. environmental issues reasons ? ?  maybe ...

I am wondering about that to.. and would take into consideration of the amount of data and usage one does use .. if high I  would worry about the unit getting to warmer and draining the cell in battery..  I tried to walk another user through one .. they could not get the phone to keep a charge .. thankful they were at the end of contract and took it in and traded up..

and on the backup assistant .. if I go to my apps either under Verizon the app store  or the maker's section and in the search just type backup.. there are a good handful of apps.. are you looking to back up every thing or just certain items..

0 Likes
rtiffin
Contributor - Level 3

have you tried to go the to apps section on the device and in the search bar there type in backup?? it should pull up all the different back up programs available..

Let me know.. I will see if I can find the original

rtiffin
Contributor - Level 3

Cupcakesmama I found the link to back up assistance.. and will place it here.. if you also need additional apps or features you can go above ... and under MY ACCOUNT  type in the search there and it will open to an area where you on line manual can be found and steps on where to look for the items thru the device

If you have questions ,, please let us know and especially if you are able to get this on your device

Device Brands | Verizon Wireless