email different return address
JMB
Enthusiast - Level 3

Using Windows Mail or webmail on the computer, I can set up my identity so that all replies go to a different email address from the one I am using at that moment. I have 2 email addresses but prefer all email be sent to my other account than the Verizon one.

I can't find this feature on the Curve 8530. Is it available somehow?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: email different return address
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader
Are you talking about forwarding emails received on one account to another? You receive mail on address@comcast.net, but you want to read it at address2@msn.com - set it up on the comcast account to forward to the msn account . . . or am I not understanding your question?
0 Likes
leeford54
Enthusiast - Level 3

I'm a little confused as well however if you are wanting to forward your mail to say your BB email and when you respong have it appear as if it came from a different email you can set that up in BIS.

0 Likes
JMB
Enthusiast - Level 3

I'm not talking about forwarding because then he would never receive email from me or his secretary on the cell. It's a direct replacement for the "reply to" address.

I receive and handle all business email sent to abc@def.com and it is my job to pass it on after printing and archiving it. My husband's cell uses xyz@rrr.com for email. He does not receive abc@def.com since a) there is a lot of spam etc that he doesn't have time to handle and b) he has been known to delete email on the cell in such a way as to (accidentally) delete it from the server and prevent me from archiving it Smiley Happy

To see what I am referring to, in Windows Mail click tools>accounts>(click on an account)>properties, the first tab (general) has a "reply address" box to fill in. What then happens is that he uses his cell (xyz@rrr.com) to email someone. When that person hits Reply, it goes to this reply address (abc@def.com) we had set up instead of the cell he first used. That way I, as his intermediary, filter out emails and forward him what he needs to see. And he can't delete email accidentally.

Since I check both his email accounts, it's probably not that important. But he wants to make it easier to archive by having all replies sent to the one reply-account.

0 Likes
leeford54
Enthusiast - Level 3

Now I get you. I'm not aware of that capablity. The things I know for sure are he can set up the email on his BB so that when he responds to an email it will appear as tho it is coming from your email address. Then when a response comes it will come to you first.

0 Likes