cheating bf?
Dpippens10

I found a BBM conversation on my bf's blackberry from his ex gf. Unfortunately I either didn't look at the date or it wasn't there. He got this phone after they supposedly broke up so I called him out on it and he swears up and down that it was an old conversation and everything transferred over from his old phone. I say that the conversation wouldn't have transferred. Am I wrong?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: cheating bf?
SydneyK
Master - Level 3

Every BlackBerry has a unique PIN that is used for BB Messenger. However, when he got his new device, he may have backed up his contacts and all other data from his old phone using Desktop Manager, then restored it to his new one. I do think it's possible an old conversation would stay on there. I've found old BBM conversations I didn't even know I still had.

In this case, I would say you can give him the benefit of the doubt.  :smileyhappy:

0 Likes
Rocko73
Enthusiast - Level 3

Wow, I say you need therapy and to be alone for a while.

0 Likes
Geocritter

Well, I guess it's a first in *my* forum experiences...and Dr. Phil I ain't. 

But...from a tech point of view, yes, he could have restored from a bb manager and it would have put it back on his phone.  Also, if he used something like SmartGrd, it has that feature as well.

On the Dr. Phil front, though, you really need to have a long discussion with your bf.

0 Likes
MacDaddy
Contributor - Level 1

Confucius Say, Man who let Wife or Girlfriend touch his Blackberry gets what he deserves! :smileyvery-happy:

0 Likes
SydneyK
Master - Level 3

My husband wouldn't have the first clue on how to find anything on a BlackBerry, since he has a turn-of-the-century flip phone. And if he did, he'd be bored to tears reading my conversations.

Something tells me we'll ever see the OP here again anyway.

0 Likes