bold 9650 randomly shuts downs and drains battery
aishar

About a month ago my blackberry (which i've had for almost 2 years) started to shut down and the red led light will flash and the loading symbol appears and the phone will start to reboot then stop and keep repeating the process (never getting to the home screen) until the battery is completely drained. The only way i can get the process to stop is if i have a charger on hand but this happens regardless of how much battery I have. Is there any way to fix this or am i just going to have to deal with it until i can get an upgrade?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: bold 9650 randomly shuts downs and drains battery
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

Hi aishar-

If you have had the Bold almost two years, you may be ready for an upgrade now - you can upgrade at 20 months of your 2 year contract.

Have you added any apps recently?  They can cause conflicts or drain power.  Have you taken the battery out and then reinserted it to restart the phone?  I have a Bold that I have had since Jan. 2011 and it's started to need more babying, more frequent battery pulls, it freezes on me more often it seems lately.  Typically a full battery pull will get it functioning again at least for a few days.

0 Likes
jimstex

I have seen the same issue on my bold...very aggravating.  I can't believe it is doing this.  I am wiping the system and starting again.

Any help with this would be appreciated.

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

This may not apply to anyone following this thread - but as I said, my Bold has seemed to need more attention lately.  It also recently came to my attention that I have been missing voicemails.  I use You Mail - have been a big fan and promoted it because I have loved it.  Notice the PAST TENSE...

I was traveling in the month of August; I left one message in the VM box (delayed flight info, keeping for records).  The past week or so my phone freezes whenever I try to listen to my VM, and I couldn't get to the program options - the app was just not working.

Checking recent reviews and comments, I'm not alone.  I went online and saw 4 (four!!) voicemails that never got to my phone, and ended up deleting the app from my phone and going back to Verizon's default VM system.  I may try YouMail again because there are several features I really like, but apparently they weren't working anyway, so.....  I do have a help request in to YouMail support center, we'll see if a new version will work better.

And I'll see how the phone works today after deleting the app.  When a smartphone starts acting up, my first thought is an app causing a conflict somewhere.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi community,

I can imagine that a Blackberry continuously shutting itself off is not pleasant. Please first check that you are running the latest device software: go to Options -> Device -> About Device Versions. Make sure the third line begins with 6.0 and in parentheses you have v6.0.0.719 Platform 4.4.0.560. If it's out of date you will need to connect the phone to Blackberry Desktop Manager and update to latest software.

If the software is up to date and the trouble continues, the next item to check is: Options -> Device -> Device and Status Information. Here verify that the "File Free" has at least an 8-digit number of bytes. If it does not, then the device doesn't have enough free space to be able to function properly. Applications or files will need to be deleted. Please keep us posted on the status.

Thank you,
MariaC_VZW
Please follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes