blkberry 8330 how to use a song or ringtone as the sound when u recieve a msg
margarita84

I want to be able to pick a certain song or ringtone  so that i have a different sound for each person who sends me a msg what do i need to do? thank you for any help that anyone can give. oh n i have a blackberry 8330.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: blkberry 8330 how to use a song or ringtone as the sound when u recieve a msg
jnestell
Contributor - Level 2

Once you have your ringtones on your phone, go to your profiles and scroll down and select Advanced.  Once in the profiles menu, click the menu button and select "New Exception". 

Give the Exception a name and scroll to From: and click there.  A menu will come up and select Add Name and this will bring up your contacts list.  Choose your contact that you want the custom ring for.  Once back to the exceptions screen, scroll to the Custom Phone Tune and click the existing choics and this will bring up a list of all the ringtones on the phone and choose the custome ring tone.

Once done, click the menu button and choose save and you are done.

For some other options or descriptions you can view this site as well.

http://www.bbgeeks.com/blackberry-guides/how-to-assign-ringtones-and-alerts-to-specific-blackberry-c...

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: blkberry 8330 how to use a song or ringtone as the sound when u recieve a msg
MEWilliams

go to messages

click BB button

select message alert

highlight and choose the type of message you want to change i.e. mms

you will be able to choose option to change song or tone

0 Likes
jnestell
Contributor - Level 2

Once you have your ringtones on your phone, go to your profiles and scroll down and select Advanced.  Once in the profiles menu, click the menu button and select "New Exception". 

Give the Exception a name and scroll to From: and click there.  A menu will come up and select Add Name and this will bring up your contacts list.  Choose your contact that you want the custom ring for.  Once back to the exceptions screen, scroll to the Custom Phone Tune and click the existing choics and this will bring up a list of all the ringtones on the phone and choose the custome ring tone.

Once done, click the menu button and choose save and you are done.

For some other options or descriptions you can view this site as well.

http://www.bbgeeks.com/blackberry-guides/how-to-assign-ringtones-and-alerts-to-specific-blackberry-c...

0 Likes