blackberry software 5.0
rasmuti
After downloading the software version 5.0 my blackberry will no longer play music with my mp3 hookup for my car. I looked under options and it just has activate handset or activate speaker phone. I tested a headset to make sure that wasn't the issue. It still worked fine. What do I need to do? This is a major feature for me. Any recommendations to try?
Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: blackberry software 5.0
Blacklisted
Enthusiast - Level 3

I would like to know how exactly you are syncing your device to the MP3 player. I did not have this issue on my 9530 on any of the 5.0 operating systems. I used the audio/headset jack and connected via 3.5mm male to male cable to the aux port on my vehicles radio.

Is this how you are connecting? 

0 Likes
rasmuti
I just plugged it into the headset. This is for my Blackberry storm.
0 Likes
Blacklisted
Enthusiast - Level 3

I would continue to plug and unplug the 3.5mm jack into your Blackberry device. The original Blackberry Storm has been know to have issues with the headset output jack. Users have been able to initialize the jack by performing the above instruction.

0 Likes
rasmuti
I did unplug and plug it back in. I used to do that with the older software version and it would work. This software version it is not working still, even after repeating those steps. Any other suggestions?
0 Likes
ismcolorado

I have the same issue.  I updated to 5.0.0.328 OS and the headset (head phones that came with the Storm) do not work.  Tried all this plug-unplug activity without success.  Called VZW tech support...no resolution.  Downgraded to OS 4.7 and the headset worked just fine.  Updated again to 5.0 (because everthing else worked better) and the headset fails to work.

Anybody else have any ideas?

0 Likes