blackberry data package
billscales

I just got my blackberry about 2 weeks ago. It has the ten dollar data package on it. All i have done on it is text and call... And ive gotten on twitter for a few days. that is it. i got three free verizon texts through the night (when i am sleeping, not on my phone might i remind you) that my data package is exceeded. I need to get this fixed because im not paying the extra costs. I have unlimited texting on my plan.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: blackberry data package
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

The $10 for 75 MB package on a BB is only available on the "Social Messaging" BB Curve, so I am assuming that is the phone you have.  I have a BB also, and have a hard time getting even 50 Mb data usage, and I do a lot of email.  Email and general web access is not even allowed on this phone, so I am not sure how you have exceeded 75 MB in two weeks... unless the social apps are ALWAYS on and ALWAYS connected.

If you hold the alt key and hit the return arrow, does it show that all the social apps are running?  CLOSE out of each one (just hitting the END button does not close the app) when you are done so it's not constantly checking for updates.  You may also be able to set options within each app for how often it polls for updates.

If you have unlimited texting then you really don't need the texting apps.  If you are using the texting apps rather than your unlimited texting, that would use your data too, though it still seems like a lot for two weeks.  BB's are normally quite efficient with their data usage.

You can dial #3282 (#DATA) and a text will be sent with your data usage for the current billing cycle.  It gives data and text usages.  You can see exactly how much data you have used so far.

0 Likes
Blackberry

Smiley Happy Well, what is  it?

0 Likes
Blackberry

Sounds good!

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

Blackberry wrote:

Smiley Happy Well, what is  it?

Since I don't have the device in hand, I offered several suggestions of what could possibly be using the data, and how to check to see if data is being used by different things.  Until the OP responds after checking on my suggestions, we won't what is using all the data, and causing the limit of 75 mb to be reached.

0 Likes