blackberry curve 8530
tanjazip10

why oh why would my blackberry curve stop charging?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: blackberry curve 8530
StreetDocRN
Champion - Level 1

tanjazip10 wrote:

why oh why would my blackberry curve stop charging?

Hi,

Sorry to hear that your Blackberry stopped charging.  First, we need a little bit more information.  How are you charging your device?  Are you charging with the wall charger or with a USB connection on a computer?  Also, does the lightning bolt appear over the battery status icon on your device when connected to a power source?  Just a couple of things you may try that do not get too involved.  Try a battery pull by removing the battery for about a minute and put it back, allowing your device to reboot.  A battery pull can sometimes get rid of small problems.  Next, if it does not appear to be charging, you may try a different cord, as your wall charger cord may be defective.  You could also take it by one of the Verizon stores and see if they can get it to charge.  Worse case, it may be a bad battery no longer accepting a charge and you may have to get a replacement battery.  I have found a great place for buying spare batteries and that is Amazon.com.  You can get a new battery for less than 15 bucks there.  Hope this helps.

Doc

0 Likes
TominqueBo_VZW
Verizon Employee

Hello tanjazip10,

I know having a charged device is very key to having an operable phone.  StreetDocRN gave some really great suggestions to attempt for success.  I want to check with you to inquire if you still need assistance.  If you need additional help please reply with the questions answered that StreetDocRN suggested so I may further assist.  Thank you. 

0 Likes
mili

I have a Blackberry curve 8530 and last friday was the last day I used normaly. I charged right and phone calls I can receive and I can make them, but I don't have screen, for some reason my screen is black and I don't see anything. Can you help me to fix it

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Good evening Mili,

Being able to see your phone's screen is super important! I'm so sorry it went out on you.  I would absolutely recommend removing the battery and reinserting it.

If that doesn't work, let me know!

Thanks,

MelissaM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

0 Likes