backup assistant with blackberry storm 2
tomkaz79

hi,

i have a blackberry storm and i went to open the backup assistant program and every time it asks me to enter my pin to restore data. i am trying to save changes to my address book i made on my phone, not restore from my backups. does anybody knoe how to fix this  ? 

2nd question - i made changes to the phone numbers listed in my backup online to remove the ( ) and the dashes in my phone numbers since the speed dail numbers won't work the blackberry with ( ) and dashes in the numbers. I make the changes to the numbers, but after i save it they are still there. I am worried that if i run the sync from the backup **bleep**'t website it will throw the () anddashes back into my contavts, which i don'r want. anybody have this issue or would be able to answer my question(s)  /

Thanks

Tom

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: backup assistant with blackberry storm 2
VZW_Zrock02
Contributor - Level 3

tomkaz79 wrote:

hi,

i have a blackberry storm and i went to open the backup assistant program and every time it asks me to enter my pin to restore data. i am trying to save changes to my address book i made on my phone, not restore from my backups. does anybody knoe how to fix this  ? 

To resolve this issue when you open up Backup Assistant select the # symbol for forgot password. Once you do this then select the # symbol again to set up as a new user. After you do this then select to sync contacts and all of your contacts to your Backup Assistant account.

2nd question - i made changes to the phone numbers listed in my backup online to remove the ( ) and the dashes in my phone numbers since the speed dail numbers won't work the blackberry with ( ) and dashes in the numbers. I make the changes to the numbers, but after i save it they are still there. I am worried that if i run the sync from the backup **bleep**'t website it will throw the () anddashes back into my contavts, which i don'r want. anybody have this issue or would be able to answer my question(s)  /

On this option the () and -'s are programmed to be set into the phone numbers of your contacts. The way to get around this when you choose to add a speed dial choose to do it by contact. When you do it this way it will not matter if you have the () and -'s in it. The speed dial will still work correctly.

Hope this helps.

0 Likes