Yahoo mail icon
kfa1217

Hello all, I wanted to ask if anyone else had this problem or knows of a solution for it: 

When I reboot my Bold 9650, the little purple Yahoo mail icon disappears EVERY TIME?!? When it happens I can go to set up; email accounts; delete my Yahoo email; and then re-add it and I would get the little purple Y icon over the standard email icon on my phone....HOWEVER this past week when I do that I can't get my little purple Y icon to show back up. :smileysad:

I know is not exclusive to the Bold 9650 because I had a Pearl Flip 8330 and everytime I would have to re-boot (or do a battery pull) I would lose the icon on that phone too.

I know this isn't mission critical for most people but it matters to me! Thanks in advance for your replies!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Yahoo mail icon
firstlady09
Contributor - Level 3

This is currently a known issue. I have provided you with a work around until the issue is resolved. Here are the steps below:

1. Back up the BlackBerry Bold 9000 smartphone using the BlackBerry® Desktop Manager software.
  2. Wipe the BlackBerry Bold 9000 smartphone.
  3. Perform a selective restore of the customer's important data using the BlackBerry Desktop Manager software. 
    Hope this helps!
0 Likes
kfa1217

firstlady09 wrote:

This is currently a known issue. I have provided you with a work around until the issue is resolved. Here are the steps below:

1. Back up the BlackBerry Bold 9000 smartphone using the BlackBerry® Desktop Manager software.
  2. Wipe the BlackBerry Bold 9000 smartphone.
  3. Perform a selective restore of the customer's important data using the BlackBerry Desktop Manager software. 
    Hope this helps!

Okay, how do you do a 'wipe'? When my Pearl Flip 8330 crashed I did move my data from the backup files using desktop software but I never did a complete 'wipe' before....

Thanks for your help!

0 Likes
adf35123
Enthusiast - Level 3

Press the Blackberry button and go to Options. Then chose Security Options and Security Wipe. Be sure to check the boxes you want to wipe and follow the prompts from there.

0 Likes