XM/SIRIUS on Blackberry
judson

Well I saw Apple just announced a new app to stream XM on the Iphone.  That is one of my biggest pet peeves with Verizon.....why won't you allow streaming XM?  On XM's site they even offer the link for Blackberry mobile XM.....but Verizon blocks that.  Why?

As of now for me to listen to XM at work, I have to have Orb running on my home computer along with the uXM program to stream it to my Storm.  And if I get an e-mail or text or sometimes for no reason I lose the connection and have to constantly reconnect throughout the day.    If you would just allow this XM streaming I wouldn't have to suffer through that long process every day and have to leave my home computer running all day. 

Go look at the list of carriers that can stream XM and Siruis...it's basically everyone but us on Verizon.  

FAIL! 

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: XM/SIRIUS on Blackberry
nmchileman
Master - Level 3

While I personally have no use/desire for satellite radio I agree that it doesn't make any sense why Verizon would block it. They already allow Pandora and Slacker radio apps, why not satellite?

Maybe it's a licensing issue or something? Who knows...

0 Likes
judson

Go to (http://www) xmradio.com/mobile/whatisxm/xmc

Why can't you let me use this?????.......arrrrghhhhh!!!!

0 Likes
latinpremed

I know its kind of annoying not being able to use XM on the blackberry but you can download pandora which is free, by just putting in your favorite song, singer or type of music and it will play the listing for you, can choose what dont like and what do like and for me its great so i dnt get stuck listening to music i dont like...

0 Likes
judson

I don't listen to music on XM....just Opie and Anthony and then the Ron and Fez show the entire time I am at work......makes the day fly!

So sadly Pandora and Slacker don't do me any good to get those shows.  I do use Moodio to listen to my local sports radio show once college football season kicks in.

My wish list from Verizon and Blackberry are:

1) Verizon: Allow streaming XM/Sirius

2) RIM: Release a Flash player for the Blackberry phones.  Saying the Storm has a full internet experience is a lie when you can't view flash based sites which is a HUGE portion of the internet.  I know the RIM guys say it would invlove a complete rebuilt from the ground up on the OS to do it.....but so what, you have had record sales for the last few quarters, reinvest some of that in the #1 most needed things on these phones...Flash player enabled browser!

3) RIM: Put Wi-fi on thethe new Tour so it will be the complete package dream phone and Verizon allow Wi-Fi phones on your network.

4) Verizon: allow us naive ealry Storm adopters who thought this would be a good phone only to trade them in for the Tour at a huge discount.  We all know you rushed the release of the Storm, the phone was not ready for prime time and they are trying to fix issues with OS after OS which all should have been done before release.  We all trusted you, bought a super expensive phone since we coun't wait for our contracts to be up and had to have this new dream phone only to find out that typing on it is a joke, the camera delay is so attrocious it is virtually unusable, and the screen vertical and horizontal orientation never is accurate or fast and sometimes jsut plain won't switch, and so on, etc........I could go on for days.  So do the right thing and cut the poor Storm early adopters a deal so we can forgive and forget.

0 Likes
Rescue814
Enthusiast - Level 3

XM/Sirius isn't free, the subscribers are paying for it.

http://news.cnet.com/8301-13506_3-10267549-17.html

Message Edited by Rescue814 on 06-21-2009 09:57 AM
Message Edited by Rescue814 on 06-21-2009 09:58 AM
0 Likes
judson

I know they pay for it.  And I would gladly pay extra to have XM stream right to my Storm.

I am almost willing to put up with AT&T to get an I-Phone and have XM without having to go through the hassle I do now with Orb/UXMM and leaving my home computer running all day jsut to get XM.

In 2008 RIM launched XM Radio Mobile and was availble on AT&T and Alltel Blackberries for $7.99 a month but not Verizon.  Why? 

Because Verizon doesn't like peope making money from thier phones without a piece of the action?  We pay for the data package so how about letting us enjoy some stuff?

0 Likes
Rescue814
Enthusiast - Level 3
Everyone wants a cut these days, can't blame them for it, if that is the reason. Would you let someone use a service you provide for free?
0 Likes
Rescue814
Enthusiast - Level 3
It's most likely not about the fee for data you pay, it's the fee that either RIM or XM/Sirius wants for the service.
0 Likes